Forum

Author   Comment  
dauntesmom

Reply with quote  #1 

Daunte my beautiful baby boy went to the rainbow bridge on nov 11 2009 he was only thirteen years old.  He was my heart and my soul. I loved him more then life itself and would have gladly taken his place.  He had cancer 2 years ago and came back from surgery stronger then ever. Then in Sept. we noticed a large mass that was bleeding on his seat and again had it removed and at first he seemed better again.  I was thrilled that he made it again.  A couple weeks ago he started screaming in pain and cowering in corners so back to the vet we went.  They gave him a shot and morphine for pain and thought maybe a slipped disc. Throughout the week pain wasn't any better and he begged me with his eyes not to drug him.  We brought him back to the vet and they xrayed him and called me with the worse news I could have gotten, he had bone cancer in both his neck and shoulder.  I had always promised him 2 things. The first was I would never make the decision for him and the other was I would go with him.  He was hurting so badly I had to break that promise to him.  We had to very painful and sad days so his boys could spend sometime with him. On friday we went for our last ride and and I held my baby why he died.  I feel so bad that I lied to him and right now really do want to be with him.  Please forgive me boo I loved you so much !! I havent stopped crying yet.  Please be happy and I will be with you soon!

nicokudo

Reply with quote  #2 
Daunte's mom,

I am so sorry about the loss of your precious Daunte.  Please remember that the choice you made to let your baby go on his new journey was because you love him so.  He knows that and blesses you for the choice you made.  He knows how difficult that was for you and knows that the courage you found to help him was bolstered by the love shared for all those many years.  

The essence of all that you shared with Daunte is still with you; the only thing missing is the physical.  We humans focus on the physical because it is what we know best.  So when the physical part leaves us,  we are devastated.  One day you may come to realize that the bond almost seems to strengthen even when the physical is gone.  It is different, but the bond at least in my experience has grown since I lost my precious Nico and Kudo.

May you find peace that this was Daunte's time.  You will see him again one day, many years in the future, and the joy will be overwhelming.

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Daunte's Mom,

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss, and the deep sorrow you feel now.  You have found this wonderful place where we all understand, and that is something to be thankful for.

Daunte was so fortunate to have found his way to you while he was here on earth.  He couldn't have hoped for a more loving or safer place.  That is yet another blessing.  You gave him the best life any dog could have hoped for. 

Although you describe Daunte as being "only 13 years old," that is actually a good, long life for a dog.  From the picture in your avatar, it appears he is (not was ~ he lives forever!) a large breed.  If so, he was nearly the equivalent of a 90 to 100 year-old human being (see the Dog Age Calculator here).  That is especially remarkable when you take into account his medical history.  13 years is such a short time to us, but for him, it was a very full and wonderful life.  Bless you for taking such good care of him.

You have not broken any promises to your Daunte!  You made the decision you did because you knew it was the kindest gift you could give him.  The alternative of not assisting him on his journey to the Rainbow Bridge would have been to let him suffer and feel pain for the rest of his time with you in his physical body.  You would never have allowed that t happen.  As far as going with him is concerned, the two of you will never be parted.  A bond like yours if forever, and cannot be broken, no matter what. 

Please come back and tell us about life with Daunte when you're able to.  We all love reading about each others' Bridge Kids and getting to know them through the loving words of their people.

You and Angel Daunte are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #4 
dauntesmom,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Daunte. I share the guilt you are feeling helping him to The Bridge. I had to help my beloved Jasmine 09-04-09 and the heartache today is just as strong as it was that day. Your heart is breaking but to help him stop the pain he was suffering is the most loving act. He is watching over you.

The Bridge is once again accepting another Angel. All those before him are welcoming Daunte, free to run, play and most importantly, free from pain.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today,

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Attached Images
jpeg 100_1653[1].jpg (295.88 KB, 3 views)

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

dauntesmom

Reply with quote  #5 

It will be a week tomorrow that my baby left  us and there hasnt been a day since that I havent wished to take your place bear.  The house is so empty without you and even though your boys and your man have stayed close I am still stuggling alot without you. I lit a candle for you for dinner tonight hope you saw it. Dropped some food on the floor where you always sat by my feet while I cooked and waited for you to come pick it up.  Hope you had a great day with all your new friends.  I love and miss you more then ever.  Love you tons momma

jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #6 
dauntesmom,

Today was hard for all of us.

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Attached Images
jpeg 100_1653[1].jpg (295.88 KB, 2 views)

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

glenys007

Reply with quote  #7 
Daunte's Mom,

I totally understand and feel your pain.  I lost my Freddie man on 11/7 and believe me when I tell you there isn't a day that goes by that I don't shed a few tears.  But I can tell you one thing for sure it gets easier to smile and laugh about the wonderful times we had together.  I'm so sorry for your loss...Just remember one day we will all be together with are beloved pets!!!!

Glenys

Attached Images
jpeg Fred.jpg (45.75 KB, 2 views)

dustyangel

Reply with quote  #8 
We feel your pain and the heartache of promises we make our babies, and may not be able to keep.  However, I think your own words said it pretty well, he begged you with his eyes not to drug him anymore.  I think you are so right, as you listened with your heart, and felt the nudge that it was nearing his time to let go. 

Our babies, they seem to know best how much more they can take...and I think their eyes tell us so much.  I'm sure within Daunte's eyes, was a love and understanding of your pain, as well as his pain. 

Someone at this website had reminded me recently, there is no reason for guilt.  We have provided our babies with love, with a caring warm home for the time they were with us, and with the love that we shared with them during their lives, there is no reason to feel so much guilt.  In time, your heart will know that the love you shared with your special Daunte, will overshadow the feelings of guilt, and it will be that love, that will eternally shine in your heart. 

Our very best to you at your loss. 

Karen..Dusty..DJ..and Patches mom

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.