Thorns_mom
Hello. I’m new to the forum and I’m not sure if this will help me at all, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to give it a try. My baby boy Thorn passed away on July 3rd 2019, and although it’s been many months since his passing, I still struggle with tears every time I think of him. I have a shelf in my room dedicated to him, which includes pictures of him, his favorite toy, and his urn.

In the past two days, I’ve heard him in my mind. I know it’s clearly not real, because he isn’t there. But I heard him make a noise, a noise he always made when I would move around or do something. He was so sensitive to noises and movement, almost anything would make him jump. I forgot for a moment that he was gone and went to look at him, just to remember that he isn’t here anymore.

I know this heartbreak will never go away, and I don’t know if I’ll ever be whole again. I just hope to be able to speak to others who are going through what I’m going through.

Thank you for ready, and I’m looking forward to speaking to you all in the future.
Quote 1 0
Gingers_Mommy
Hi Throns_mom ,

I'm sorry for the loss of Thorn. The role our babies held in our lives means that their loss has left an empti6in our hearts. An ache. I too have heard the sound my baby girl made only to look next to me on the bed and see nothing.

I'm glad you came to this site. It's been a week and 2 days for me. Without this site I'm not sure how I'd be. It's been very helpful with my grief. Knowing that others understand the pain, bcs non pet parents can be so dismissive and insensitive in their ignorance... not here. Every person on this forum has lost a beloved pet that was more than "a pet" they were family. Reading the stories of others helps too. We're all united in our grief. Regardless of the species. You're in the right place. 💛
Quote 1 0
BorderCollieLover
Thorns_mom:

My condolences on the loss of your beloved Thorn in July of this year. Yes, you are in the right place. Personally speaking, this Forum has really reinforced my faith in human beings. I am all too familiar with insensitive people who tell you to "get a grip" and "move on." These are people who just don't get it - and probably never will. They go on the misguided assumption that everything needs to be "fixed" and "compartmentalized." And then, put away and never dealt with again. Finished. End of story. Sorry, but that's not how it works. It isn't the real world. Your grief over Thorn's passing is just a clear indication that you loved him so very much. He was such a big part of your life. You need to purge your feelings and this Forum is the ideal place. Everyone here is experiencing the exact same thing as you. We all understand. Please post here often and let us know what you are feeling. We all want to hear from you. Stay strong. 

Jim

Jim Miller
Quote 1 0
Parkersmum
Big hugs xxx
Quote 1 0
CarolineMc
@Thorns-mom I feel your pain, I too recently lost my Dixie back on August 25, 2019. She was a Boston Terrier mix and a rescue at one year old. We was buddies for 12 years, of her 13 years of life. She was miserable the last two weeks. She had gotten an infection from some bite, probably a mosquito, for they carry all kinds of diseases these days. And she was anemic and barely eating for two weeks. On her last day, she was weak from not eating and blood loss. Rushed to the Emergency vet, where she was blood tested and the bad news was her red blood cell counts were too low and need transfusion. I could not put her through that and if it did not work, was just prolonging her death. She went peacefully, I had told her that she was going to be missed and I loved her. I still cry at times since then, and adopted another rescue, Zoey(greek mean life). I was directed by Dixie's spirit to get another rescue. No regrets. And Zoey is a Dachshund/Labrador Retriever mix. And she is a joy, so much different and so much alike of my Dixie. But I will always miss Dixie, for she taught me many things about being a BFF parent.

Caroline McClain
Quote 0 0