DeeDeeDee
Hello My Friends,  My sweet doggie Daisy was put down 2 weeks ago.  She was 16 and was in pain.  She had a wonderful life and we loved each other and understood each other.  I knew it was her time to go.  I was very upset the first 3 or 4 days after she was gone.  Crying and feeling so lonely for her.  Then I got back to my routine.  Work, grand kids, my husband.  I was busy. Now 2 weeks later I am sad again, angry, at I don't know what, and very weepy.  I miss my Daisy.  I was awoken from a sound sleep this morning.  I heard her bark.  Only once, but it was her.  My husband said it was her telling me she is alright.  I know she is in heaven.  I am rambling.... I know it's safe to do that here.  Thanks for listening.               Denise, Daisy's Mommy

Denise
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Denise you’re not rambling. You’re sharing ☺️ You didn’t have much time to grieve the loss of Daisy, 16 wonderful years spent together is a really big deal. Aww you heard her bark I love that! I think your husband is right, she’s letting you know she’s ok. But husbands have been know to leave things out😉 I think Daisy is with you at all times. Babes don’t like to stray too far from their Moms,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
DeeDeeDee
Thank you, Lynn for your kind words and understanding.  My tears are flowing....  That's a good thing.   

Denise
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Thank you for sharing Denise.

I'm sorry you are going through that crazy up and down called grief. It's confusing and erratic and if you ignore it comes back to surprise you, but I'm so excited to hear about the bark as well. And I love that your husband shares the feeling that your Daisy is giving you signs that she is indeed ok. It's uplifting for me to hear about signs. I've been asking my Millie to send me more : )

I'm glad you were able to share 16 great years with your girl.

Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
DeeDeeDee
Thank you, Diana.   I hope for you a sign from your sweet Millie.  Yes, you are right, grief is surprising and erratic.  I thought I was doing so well, then.... BOOM...the feeling all came back again.  I am an extremely spiritual and sensitive person.  I know Daisy will send me more signs that she is loving where she is, and is sleeping with the angels.  

Denise
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Thank you for the sign wishes <3 Millie was a super active girl down here, so she's probably extra busy up there now that's she's free of her cancerous body. Hpbnobbing will all the other angels : )

Yes, happened to me as well. During my 3rd week it hit again and last week in my 4th week random things got to me. TV commercials with people hugging reminded me that I would never be able to hug her again. Forget about all the dog food and shelter commercials, I walk away now if I don't want to be tearing up again. But it's so much better than it was.

I'm glad your Daisy is staying close to you <3
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Bootsie123

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. 

I truly believe God bestows the gift of letting us know our pets we loved are in heaven by allowing us to hear their voice near the time of passing. This always has happened to me and my family. No matter if they had passed on their own, or had to be put down due to illness. Our pets will never be gone. I pray that you find healing and knowing that pets do go to heaven, for from the dust we were all created and we again will return and go back to heaven. 

After all, it says in the bible, 

“Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other.  All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal...  All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return." Ecclesiates 3: 19-21).

Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
You heard her bark! That's so awesome! ❤❤

Ugh, I hate this journey! Some days are (somewhat) decent and some days are downright awful! I'm hoping you receive more signs from your Daisy. 😊
Quote 0 0
DeeDeeDee
Thank you Bootsie123 and Rookiesmama for your kind words.  Not feeling too well today.  Headache, upset tummy.  I think it is all part of the grieving process.  Still feeling weepy and sad.  The house is so quiet.  Thank God I have my husband, kids and grandkids, but Daisy was my baby.  I carried her around and smothered her with kisses.  She slept right up next to me.  She was a Maltese with beautiful silky hair.  There I go again.  Rambling.  Thanks for letting me.  This is my safe place.
Denise
Quote 0 0