DivasMother
Since losing my beloved Diva. It’s been really difficult. I ended up getting a new puppy. But I’m not connected to her. I like her a lot but I’m just not sure I should have got a new dog so soon after Diva left. I miss her everyday and still grieving her. It’s like one minute she was here and the next she’s not. Facebook reminds me everyday with a photo of her or video. Because she has her own album. I’ve been staying with my parents with this new dog. Because I just need to be around people. I’ve started taking a antidepressant again. Some days are better then others. Diva was my bestfriend. Having her for almost 11 years who’s been through everything with me and bam she’s gone. I’m still feeling lost and broken and I miss her everyday.
🐾❤️🐾 Diva Born Aug 24th 2007 - R.I.P.  Feb 28th 2018/1:25pm

Quote 0 0
dachsiemom
I am very sorry about your Diva. She must have been a very special and wonderful dog.  It's very understandable that you would want to try to replace her, but is sounds as if you have not yet. Years ago I had a Sheltie I was very attached to, and who was devoted to me.  When he died of cancer at age 11, I was devastated with grief.  In an attempt to make the pain stop, I immediately got another Sheltie puppy.  This dog was very sweet. Everyone liked him and he liked everyone. But it was obvious he would never be my special dog, as the first Sheltie was.  Six months later I was still longing for a soul mate, and decided to get a dachshund puppy.  It was love at first sight; we bonded instantly; he was my delight for the next 15 years.  All good things must end, though. He died a few weeks ago.  And now I am back into grief.  We do have 2 lovely cats, but they are not Brandon.  In a few months I will see how I am doing.  In time I hope to be ready for another special dog.  Please post again to let us know how you are doing.  -Moira
Moira - remembering Brandon
"Better lo'ed ye canna be. Will ye no' come back again?"
Quote 0 0
Stasia
I am so very sorry you lost your Diva. I got another kitty 2 weeks after Sylvester passed and for a while I din't feel like I was connecting but I was...it was just hard to tell b/c I was still grieving. Hudson helped me through the grief. It doesn't make it easier, but it helped. It would have been so much worse without her. You will connect with your new dog. Don't expect a lot from yourself right now. The loss takes time to process.  I do not think we are trying to replace the pet when we get another animal, just the feelings. I knew no one would replace Sylvester and I would still miss him but having Hudson to interact with, care for and love helped me heal...hopefully, this will happen with you as well as time passes.
Stasia
Quote 0 0
catiebee
It unfortunately can take a long, long time to get over losing one. It's so truly hard. I'm sure sorry for your loss of Diva. She was a beautiful creature and I hope bit by bit you'll start to feel better. Hugs to you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
DivasMother
Thankyou! Everyone.
🐾❤️🐾 Diva Born Aug 24th 2007 - R.I.P.  Feb 28th 2018/1:25pm

Quote 0 0