Missingmybaby101
Hello all,

I joined this forum when I had just lost my precious cat, Pepper. Oh, how i miss her everyday still.....

But this is not about Pepper.

I can't believe I'm already about to lose my precious dog, Daisy. She was a rescue dog that my grandma had gotten. When she passed in 2012, my family had taken her. She was attached to me from the moment she saw me. I have so many fond memories of her and my grandma. However, she recently (as of yesterday) has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of liver cancer, and I was told that there was nothing that I could do to save her at this point. We just have to give her supportive care and wait......

As of now, she is still prancing around, eating and drinking. But I know that the tumor in her mouth and liver are hurting her. The doctor hasn't told me a firm prognosis, but he will be getting back to me on that tomorrow. However, I know that it's not going to be good. She probably only has a couple weeks-months left. I just could not be more sad. She is the only thing that I have left from my grandma. So when I lose her, I'm losing the last piece of her too.

I joined this forum about a year and a half ago to gain some support and reassurance that the pain I was feeling from Pepper's loss would get better. I know now, that time really does heal, but never completely. I have always had such a deep rooted connection with animals, and when I lose them, I feel as though I have just lost a human. I guess this forum helps me get my feelings out that I am too shy to do with people. I mean people have their own lives, they don't need me bawling over my dog. So, I'm hoping that you animal lovers out there can give me some support through this very difficult time, as my dog will continue to go downhill and eventually pass in the near future. 

Any support or words of wisdom are welcome. I could really use some people that are going through the same thing. In a way, it's comforting to know that people are going through losses too. So, I'm hoping that we can all build each other up through our very difficult journeys of grieving over our loved ones, because they are NOT "just animals", they are our friends, they are our companions, they are our FAMILY. 

I am so sorry for anyone else who is experiencing grief over their fur babies right now. You have my deepest sympathy, and I look forward to helping you through your journeys.
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
I am so sorry for Daisy's prognosis. Having lost my kitty at the beginning of the year to an aggressive form of liver cancer, I know exactly what you are going through and I know it is not easy. This was 4 months and 5 days after putting my other kitty down for kidney failure.

Having the added memory that is attached to your grandmother is heartbreaking. But luckily Daisy had a loving home with you. That is very important since she was a rescue dog and didn't end up in a shelter in her senior years. And I am sure, as much as an animal lover that you are, you have and are providing her with as much loving care as is possible.

I know what you mean about people having their own lives. Tonight was the first time since the beginning of the year that I went to a going away gathering for a friend. When everybody asked how I was doing, I just said "fine." I, like you, didn't want to be bawling over my fur babies. I only stayed for 1/2 hour because I'm just not ready to put on the happy face.

So, my dear. You take care of yourself during this very rough period. It's not easy by any means. The deep bonds we form with these little angels are beyond rewarding. But with that reward we must eventually face the reality that they are not with us long enough. It's good to have this forum for support. We truly understand what you are going through. 

Love to Daisy.
RIP Pepper.
Quote 0 0
Melb
Missingmybaby101 thank you for the kind message you left for me. I'm so sorry for what you're going through with Daisy. Your sympathy meant a lot to me, and I just wanted you to know that you and Daisy have my heart felt sympathy as well.
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Missingmybaby, I'm in the exact same position, my beloved Ava had emergency surgery last Friday after she became really unwell, it turned out to be a ruptured tumour on her spleen.  It was very touch and go whether she would make it first through the surgery and then over the next 24 hours.  But she did and came home on sunday because she was so distressed about being away from me.  However the results of the biopsy came back to say the tumour on her spleen although removed and no immediate signs it had spread was indeed cancerous and the resulting rupture has lead to cancer cells seeding and spreading through her body, the prognosis is between 2 weeks and 2 months survial rate after surgery.  Well I am now a week into this and like you am struggling to prcess this.  Ava has been really poorly over the last week due to the surgery but is starting to recover.  I feel guilt over how much she has suffered over the last week, in some ways it would have been fairer to her to have let her go on Friday because she has been in so much pain since the surgery. But I was falsely optimistic that if they cut the tunour out she would be 'cured' and now I have to sit and wait and question every thing she does for a signs of the cancer.  I feel helpless and completely devastated so my heart really feels your pain.  I hope we can find a way to get through this.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
Missingmybaby101
Thank you all very much for your support and kind words. It is truly awful that our beloved fur babies can't be as long on this earth as our fellow human friends and family can be. Our animal's are every bit as part of our families as our human family. You all have my deepest, heartfelt sympathy over the losses of your furry friends. I hope that with this forum, I can continue to get support and kind words, because it really is comforting to know that you have all gone through the same thing. I will post updates soon.

Well wishes,
Missingmybaby101
Quote 0 0