Mike1012
We had to put our boy to sleep on Monday 4/20 and I’ve been a wreck ever since. I’m completely devastated. Louie lived a great life, 17 years and I’m truly blessed that he was with us for all these years. Still, I selfishly need and want more time. We adopted him ( an English Jack Russell Terrier) while I was stationed in England, far from home. We always said he barked with an English accent. It was just Me, my wife, and Louie. He was our first son.  As the years passed we moved back to the States, started careers, bought houses, have two beautiful kids and Louie was right there with us thru it all. Always there by our side. He’s been such a huge part of our life that I feel I’m losing a whole era with his passing. He’s been with me my whole adult life. I honestly don’t know how I can get over this. The pain of not seeing him and snuggling him is unbearable. I loved him like a son. 
Quote 0 0
Alanfar
Mike,I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet dog Fancy on 4/16 and I cry every day. There is a hole in my heart and the house just feels heavy.
Always remember Louie knew how much you loved him. He will always be in your heart. It just hurts when they are not here with us.
I found that coming here and speaking to others has helped ease the pain. It still hurts and not sure when that will stop but I remember all the happiness Fancy brought to our family and that makes me feel better.
alan farlowe
Quote 0 0
Mike1012
Thanks Alan.  I’m very sorry for the loss of Fancy.  Yeah, it’s a lot harder to accept than I thought it would be. I’ve been dreading this for a while, and now that’s it’s happened, it’s worse than I imagined. Hopefully time will heal. 
Quote 0 0