gansett8
Yesterday I lost my cat of 12 years, Sam. I got him when I was in elementary school and up until yesterday, he was still with me in my senior year of college. Sam was such a loving cat, he used to let you rub his belly and loved to sit by any source of warmth in our house. He was completely healthy until yesterday around 7:00 Am he began vomiting. He never stopped vomiting and slowly became lethargic. Around noon we decided to take him to the vet and made an appointment for 3:00 PM. He began to go downhill around 2 and we decided to take him then. He never made it to the vet and died on the way. I am shocked that such a healthy cat could die within that quick a time. We think he may have eaten a poisonous plant or something but we will never know for sure. We buried him yesterday. I love you Sammy! I miss you so much.

IMG_5353_(2) new.jpg 
James 
Quote 0 0
orien30
Hi,

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful cat. I just lost my dog. She was improving in the ER and we were expecting to take her home today. Then overnight she got aspiration pneumonia and just stopped breathing :( We had brought her in for her epilepsy (she's had since 2015). We were shocked they finally got the seizures to stop and then she dies from pneumonia. 
Diana
Quote 0 0
gansett8
I'm so sorry. I feel awful saying this but my cat's death is hitting me harder than the deaths of all of my grandparents. I think its because this was so sudden and with my grandparents I had time to prepare for what was to come. I still can't believe my cat is gone. 
James 
Quote 0 0
orien30

I understand. I've had losses in my life. My dog passing feels as bad as when my younger brother died. I feel guilty that I am even equating them. That was the worse pain I ever had before. 

We just threw out her bowl. We have 2 dogs and seeing both bowls was so depressing. Throwing it out was even harder :(

Diana
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Sam.  He is such a pretty cat.  From your post, I can envision him letting you rub his belly. Losing him so suddenly has to be difficult.  These little guys give us unconditional love and constant companionship.  They don't care what our occupation is, if we had a bath last night or not, if we put off washing the dinner dishes until the next morning or even if we have physical disabilities or not.  They just love us.  Sam's transition to Rainbow Bridge has all come on so soon for you - please be kind to yourself, grieve in whatever way you feel is right for you, and know that there are many of us on this forum who have suffered the trauma of pet loss and we are here to listen.  You are not alone - we are all here for you.  My sincerest sympathies on the loss of your beloved Sam.
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0
gansett8
Well, its been over a week since Sammy died and I still miss him. I keep on seeing him everywhere, sitting on the sofa, laying on the floor...my mother and I truly think he is still with us. I no longer cry when I think about him, I get sad thinking about how he died, but I'm so glad we gave him a lovely home for all the years he was with us. Thank you to all who gave such comforting comments on here. 
James 
Quote 0 0
Harleys_mom
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my kitty suddenly as well. I found out that his condition was dire and within an hour he was gone. He was only 9 months old and i did not even begin to expect something like this. I know that’s so difficult. I’m struggling along with you. I hope that you gain some peace ❤️ I’m so sorry that you couldn’t find the cause. I didn’t get a concrete answer either and it’s made finding closed hard but I’m doing my best to cope. Hopefully you can be at peace knowing he has such a good person to grow up with. I think you seeing him is a sign he’s watching you from above!
Quote 0 0