Tail11 Show full post »
bear62
Oh Man  What a cool dog! What a  great companion!
Quote 0 0
Tail11
She was Bear! She was a true biker dog. When we were out in our car and she'd hear a Harley, she'd always perk up and look at it. She'd even watch TV with bikers. People always spoke to us when they saw us together. I took her to the Grand Canyon one year on my bike. One lady in a car followed us for miles and then finally passed up. I could see her mouth "Oh how cool!" She was a hit with all the bikers and campers. She never complained if she had to eat dinner in a parking lot. Of course I was limited too as she wasn't always allowed in eateries. I didn't care, I had my best friend with me and that was the only thing that mattered.

I remembered a couple of fliers I had posted at work today. I found a message scrawled above her picture saying "Last seen going into the nearest Taco Truck". I went over to the admin office and told my friend who said she was going to bring it up with the manager. She was appalled. It brought me to tears...again. I just couldn't stop crying today.
Quote 0 0
MaryH75
Tail11: I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how traumatizing the situation you had to endure was.
My boy Luigi went missing one evening; he got locked into a neighbours shed over-night because he was prowling around in it.
I found him the next day but
I will never forget how much anguish I endured when he was missing; it was SO hard.
I hope your heart gets healed from this terrible pain!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Quote 0 0
bear62
Sounds like you two had a lot of fun together. Dollars to donuts Piccolo will be a hit too.  Hope you have a good 2014 Ajay. And don't let the stupid people get to you. There are plenty of idiots out there that think that sort of thing is funny.. that is until it happens to them.  Hope you find some peace in the good memories .. it is the only thing working for me.
Quote 0 0
Tail11
Thank you Mary. It is an awful feeling to lose a pet, but the overwhelming joy in finding them ok makes it all better. I certainly wish that would have been the case with Whisper.

Thanks Bear. We did have a lot of fun. I so wanted to write something back on the flier, but I figured I'd be a better person and just recycle it. It hit me hard to see something so thoughtless. I'm sure it has never happened to them, otherwise they would have left it alone.

I hope we all have a better 2014. This year has been the most difficult for me hands down. I'm hoping that Piccolo and I can start the new year off in a better way. Hugs to you Bear, and all of us missing our furry friends.
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
Lost the entire post I had composed. Argh.
Day 1 I managed to make it to work. Right before a coworker left, there was some snappy rapport, and he joked, "don't make me kill the rest of your cats." Stunned into silence, appalled, cried as soon I started driving home, and more when I came home for the second time since her passing. I was so angry so hurt and the idiot manager failed to tell him my fragile state of grief. I had texted him on Sunday 12/08 I had not slept all weekend and may not make it to work since my feline daughter passed away. Asked him to advise staff of my family tragedy. Day 2 I spat angry, terse replies to the donkey, until he finally asked if I had a problem. "Seriously, after what you said to me yesterday"...he cut me off said "spare me the drama" and turned away. I could have shot him, stabbed him. I wanted to. Day 3 or 4 manager was smoking when I went out for my break, starting talking about donkey. He said he talked to donkey who claims he never said anything about killing my cats, genuinely liked me as a person, and would not deliberately hurt me so. He said donkey did not know of my recent loss. But he knew she had cancer and was dying, I said. Well I've known him for a long time and I don't believe he would intentionally hurt you.
Soulless manager thus invalidated my feelings and thinks I didn't hear him correctly or misunderstood. No apologies, no compassion.

Pause. Why in the world am I still working there? I have been so consumed by the utter devastation of losing the love of my life, I have forgotten the cruelty and abuse of these sadistic chauvanistic emotionally stunted excuses for human beings. I need to be properly outraged.
This further solidifies the superior importance of my cats' lives to humans in general.

I guess I have to find a new job. Last thing I need right now is another drastic change. I barely can bother to maintain my personal hygiene, nutrition, or rest.

I'm so sorry people are so cruel. You don't deserve that at all. None of us do. Deliberate, unaware, or otherwise, that scrawled comment is inappropriate and comes from a person not worth knowing.

Hugs
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
Sandy_T
There are mean & cruel people in this world. We can only hope we never encounter them again. I am sorry for the cruel words you have had to endure. My husband told me last week he liked Punky more than most people. What is the homan race coming to?
Quote 0 0
Tail11
There are plenty of good people in the world, but I think they are outnumbered by the jerks. I think that some of them have never had a relationship with an animal before and do not understand our attachment to ours. I explained it to some of my co workers as imagine your kid when it was a two year old and think about how sick you'd be if he/she went missing and then was found dead 2 weeks later. That usually makes them stop and actually understand. Of course, there will still be some people out there that will never understand our important relationship with our fur babies. Those people probably can't understand relationships in the first place.

The world has become a me me me drama. My dog was my best friend and companion. She understood me better than most of my friends. That feeling was priceless to me and I enjoyed her company more than most humans.

I hope these insensitive people we've encountered one day see the light and the special love of an animal.
Quote 0 0