missingsarah
I lost my 13 an a half yr old boxer girl Sarah last night .. Don't know what to say or where to start or I'll go on an on.. Thought I'd be ok as she was old and ill ... I held Sarah 10 mins after she was born .. I bred her She had to be a caesarian .. She was the last in the litter and i knew as soon as i saw her she was going to be my special girl .. She's the 5th dog I've lost in the last 30 years .. All so special and unique and all have taken a piece of my heart with them .. Sarah was different though she was the only boxer i had that lived past 10 .. I used to call her my miracle girl even the vet was amazed with her .. My son would tell me the history books say she lives till she's 18 lol ...she didn't make it .. She is a beautiful soul that has no more pain .. She is with her sister Phoebe and her mama Millie playing with Dylan an squidgy.. All beautiful and special to me and always will be with me and a part of me with them .. I love you Sarah and miss you so so badly .. Till we see each other again my lil sarebare.. Kisses and so much love my baby girl.. You have left a huge hole in our hearts xxx
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Oh she's beautiful.
I'm very sorry for your loss of Sarah.
Please take care and keep writing.
We love hearing stories and seeing pictures
❤️
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Selena, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful Sarah ❤
Quote 0 0
KarenE
What a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my golden retriever Lambeau 3 weeks ago today. This forum is a great place to come to express your feelings and be understood. Hugs to you.

Lambeau's mom
Karen 
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
She is beautiful, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 2 babies recently, very difficult to deal with the hole they leave in your heart. 
Quote 0 0
missingsarah
Thank you all for your kind words and I hope your all feeling better as can be ... My fifth time you think it gets easier .. It doesn't at all. I don't feel regret about the choice we made as she was old and my miracle girl .. I could've dragged it out but we spent the last two weeks carrying her up an down the steps from the deck .. There's only 6 steps but she was 50lb .. 10 more lbs and she would have been half my body weight .. I couldn't bear seeing her stumbling around the garden .. 13 an a half years I felt she deserved more than that .. Jus so so sad. She just seemed to get to 13 then it all seemed to go pear shaped .. We found out some of her vertebrae had fused .. She was in stage 1 kidney failure .. Then one day about 3 months later whether the heat wave brought it on we don't know She had 3 seizures within 20 mins of each other .. Soon as She came round it was like she'd had a stroke.. All lopsided and legs kept giving way .. The vet said they thought She had a brain tumor but was now in stage 2 kidney failure and wanted to do more blood work an a ct scan .. I asked what could they do for her if it was a tumor they said chemo .. I said no to it all .. She wasn't going through all that .. She deserved better!

It's really been helpful reading everyone's stories even though each one is heartbreaking .. An so many beautiful pets .. I hope you're all feeling at more ease.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
It definitely doesn't get easier. It was 9 years in between when I lost my childhood dog and when I lost my Rookie, and you let yourself forget how awful this part is. It's hard to fathom that we do this to ourselves when we make the choice to have them, but oh, those years that we have them are AMAZING. ❤
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
She’s beautiful and she is definitely your ‘Miracle Girl’ I truly don’t know if it’s harder when it happens quickly or you watch it happen little by little with the end always on your mind. It’s just hard. The bond is like no other. I don’t believe you can replicate the unconditional love shared with your beloved pet. That’s the crushing end, that’s the loss that tears at our heart.
Each of us would do it all over again if we had a magic reset button, that’s how great the love is. It is greater than this right now or we wouldn’t hurt the way we do but risk it all over.
She is your ‘beautiful soul’ your angel girl forever. Your bond will never be broken, take care,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0