Lonely_Heart1025
My Golden Retriever Sadie passed away while I was laying next to her. She took one last breath, I had my hand on her heart and even though she was gone her heart continued to beat for a few seconds more.  I will never forget that moment.  I adopted Sadie when she was 6 weeks and she was 13 when she passed away.  Last Wednesday night, she began panting continuously and it kept getting worse.  I took her to a 24 hour vet at 3:00 am, they took x-rays, did blood work and all they could tell me is that her white blood cells were high.  I brought her home but her panting was worse.  I took her to my regular vet when they opened and they said she had a bacterial virus and asked what she ate.  She didn't eat anything unordinary so I don't understand what caused it.  The vet gave her a shot for pain...said the panting was a sign of pain...and antibiotics.  Neither the shot or meds worked and she wouldn't eat.  I'm hurting, can't stop crying and feel so alone.  It was just Sadie and I.  I adopted Sadie after a divorce to fill the emptiness and now it's back.  She stayed by my side and I always made sure she was healthy, clean, happy and loved.  I don't understand what happened, it was so sudden.  Reaching out for support, I can't get through this alone and need to be with others who are experiencing the same heart ache :(
Jeanette
Quote 0 0
ljoy537
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious sadie.  I know it is not an easy journey to say goodbye and learn to live without your furry love.    I understand the void of not having your Sadie with you anymore.  hugs.   It must be difficult not know exactly why your pup became ill.  

I too just lost my greyhound Fly to bone cancer this past Thursday.  I adopted him, when no one else wanted him cause he was so nervous when he was 3 years old.  He was my best bud and my heart aches because he is no longer here with me.  My home is too quiet.  I still can't believe he is gone.

Again, I'm so sorry.  Hugs

Laurie

Quote 0 0
Snicks3107
So sorry to hear about Sadie. I just lost my baby Pinky on the 9th suddenly and unexpectedly.  My pet sitter told me she collapsed while walking her and had to carry her back to the house.  I rushed her to the hospital and they took an ultra sound and told me she had tumors and one of them bursted and filled her stomach with blood.  She lost alot of blood and was too weak to walk.  She told me that surgery wasn't an option because she wouldnt make it through the surgery so I made the decision to say my last good byes to her and put her to sleep.  I have been riddled with guilt the last 3 weeks that there were signs I missed but the vet told me I wouldn't have known unless the tumor bursted because the type of cancer she had hides in the organs and don't show any symptoms.  She was fine when I left for work that morning and 3 hours later my pet sitter is calling me and that's when my entire life changed in a matter of minutes.  It was turned upside down.  She was 13 but healthy otherwise and I wasn't ready to lose her.  There hasn't been a day since she passed I haven't cried. We're never ready to say goodbye to our furbabies but when it comes so suddenly it seems to hurt even more and leaves us wondering why.  Take comfort in knowing you were with her until the end and she knew she was loved.  I got to say goodbye to Pinky and tell her that I loved her.  We just have to take one second, one minute, one hour, one day, etc at a time.  
Quote 0 0
Lonely_Heart1025
Laurie...thank you for your kind words.  I'm new to Rainbow Bridge and I read your post earlier today, it was the first and only one I read. After reading it I decided I needed to become involved in this forum, it took a while to figure it out.  I was touched when I saw you were the first to reply.  I am truly sorry for your loss also.  Fly sounds like he was a wonderful dog and he was blessed to have you. I had Sadie cremated and just got the call saying I can come pick her up...I feel like Sadie is coming home.  I can relate to your home being quiet, mine is too and it feels so empty.  The tears don't seem to stop.

Hugs back.

Jeanette 
Jeanette
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your  sweet precious Sadie.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

I also got my Bear after my divorce and he saved me just as much as I saved him - I think he saved me more.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Sorry for your loss of Sadie, she sounds like a sweet doggie, I know the pain you are in and having very well, so if you ever just want to talk to me please do, just email me at sadieandsugar@live.com I also lost my sweet Sadie girl too, she was my little Pomeranian and she was my world and my soulmate for 8 wonderful years, and I miss her sooooo much everyday, I was just crying over her yesterday, oh how I just want  to hold her again in my arms. I miss everything about her , RIP SWEET SADIE GIRL, MOMMY LOVES YOU FOREVER UNTIL I SEE YOU AGAIN BABY GIRL WAIT FOR ME!!!!! you take care and godbless, please email me anytime, I would love to here more about your Sadie girl when you are ready to share. sadiesmommy
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
ljoy537
Jeanette-  Thank you for your condolences.  It does help to know others are here supporting each other.

I understand about the tears not stopping.  I have two sons (20 and 18) at home that don't want to acknowledge that Fly is gone.   I try to talk to them about it, because I need to talk about Fly, and they don't want to talk about him.   My bf is very supportive and tells me to cry when i want and need to.  I seem to find myself in the shower crying  - away from my family - so I don't make them all sad.  

I also had Fly cremated.  I personally am not looking forward to the phone call that he is ready to pick up.  For me it opens up all the feelings of loss all over again. ( I had both my girls cremated as well.)   

I sit here and think about him, and can't believe he is gone.  I think about how it's so unfair that he only lived to be 10 and many others live to be 12+.  I wish i had more time with my friend.  I walk around with this feeling of gloom all day.  I had back surgery 8 weeks ago and I'm able to go back to the gym - which i have been forever waiting for - and I am making myself go.  But, I am not enjoying it.  All I think about is Fly being gone.  

I too felt Fly's heart beat flutter.  I couldn't tell when he was gone - so I touched his chest and felt it the heart flutter.   His passing was very peaceful.  I know he is still with me - in my heart forever.  

hugs

Quote 0 0