Chibiforever
My heart is shattered. My 10 1/2 year old chihuahua, Chibi, passed yesterday completely out of the blue. Well, not completely. He was vomiting and very lethargic on Sunday night. He often ate very fast to the point of vomiting, so I assumed it was another one of those instances. When I noticed he was still sick the next morning, I rushed him to the local animal hospital.  The vet said he probably just ate something he wasn't supposed to and just had an upset stomach. My fear was the Parvovirus spreading throughout NJ. When I brought it up to the vet, she disregarded it, but did say she could hear a heart murmur, and that he would need a blood test and xrays soon. I didn't have that kind of money, so she said the anti-nausea medicine should help him, and if it does, we can rule out anything serious. The anti-nausea medicine seemed to do the trick and when we got home Monday afternoon, he was almost completely back to normal--other than being a but slower than normal, which i chalked up to feeling weak. Around noon yesterday, my father called me at work to tell me Chibi was running around the yard and barking at everyone like normal. I was so relieved. The vet said to keep him on a bland diet of boiled chicken, so my father told me Chibi ate his chicken and was looking great. At 5:30PM, my dad called me back to tell me my mother had found him dead on the floor of our living room. Though I didn't get a proper diagnosis, I am convinced it was the virus. I'm devastated and numb. I had never suffered the loss of one of my furbabies, and I feel like I can't cope....
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so very sorry for the loss of your little baby. I can only imagine your pain. Chibi was loved so much and a huge part of your life. Right now all you can do is work through your grief. Just remember the love. I am here for you if you need someone. I lost my little Lhasa Duncan last year and 6 months earlier my kitty Myles. Grief takes time, it is very painful. Take one day at a time.

Sending you hug's,

Duncan & Myles Mom.xx
Quote 0 0
Chibiforever
Thank you SO much, Gertie, for those beautiful words. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in this, and in that animals mean the WORLD to me. My sadness comes in waves right now, but I know it will get better. And I KNOW Chibi is happy and in complete bliss right now. I just wish I could hold him again. My mother even said she died with a smile on his face =)
Quote 0 0
MrB1_
I am so sorry for the loss of your Chibi. I know how devastating it is to lose a beloved member of your family. It's so awful to think they're better and then have them take that awful turn; I just went through it with my cat, Buster.

I hope you can find some peace. You know that you gave Chibi a wonderful life and that you both loved and cared for each other very much.

Everyone here empathizes and supports you at this time.
Roberta
Quote 0 0
Chibiforever
Thank you, Roberta! I'm slowly coming to terms with it. I'm so glad I joined this forum and can share with people who love animals as much as I do. Thank you, all!
Quote 0 0
Katel
My deepest sympathies, as the owner of two Chihuahuas I know they are little dogs with
huge personalities.  It was shocking Chibi  should die like that with no warning -    well no serious warning and there was nothing you could do as you did your best.Sometimes things are just completely taken out of our hands.  We are all here for you so write any time when you feel like it. Post a photo of Chibi too if you feel like it.  We all share your pain. Chibi is at peace now and he had all your love.  .    Sending you prayers and hugs,

Kate 
Quote 0 0
Chibiforever
Thank you so much, Kate, for those beautiful comforting words. I'll most likely post some pics later!
Quote 0 0