luvuPOT Show full post »
DebbieD
I understand about wishing they weren't in pain when they passed - I struggle with that with my Misty and that I wasn't at the vet when she passed. I'm so glad you found the spot where she is buried and that the landlady was very thoughtful and seems respectful of your grief.

Regarding when I got my new furbaby after my first (Gwen) passed - I can't say that it was the same. The wonder and awe of that first one, and that everything is new on how to take care of them, for me was a different feeling than when I got my Misty (Gwen was still alive), and then our Makai when Gwen passed.

Even though it wasn't the same, the feeling was just as strong but in a different way. I waited until I was ready (which is a different timeframe for everyone), and even though there was sadness in the decision and worrying about 'replacing' that precious girl, when I saw Makai's pictures and then saw her when we picked her up, it was wonderful. And I adore her.

Take care of yourself - and I didn't see the pictures you posted - I'd love to see more photos.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh!  PotPot is so beautiful!  She is eternally young and safe now, with her gorgeous wings to carry her wherever she wants to go.

I have found that each animal in my life has taught me something unique.  One of the most important lessons we can learn is that we can love again, even when our hearts are broken.  When we do, the new friend doesn't overshadow the one we are missing in any way.  If anything, our hearts grow to make room for the new one while the ones we miss remain in their special chambers there.  So, does it feel the same?  I think it feels different every time, but it always feels wonderful.

It was so nice of your landlady to have done something special for you to let you know she understands.  How sweet of her.  That new puppy from the litter that's expected soon could just be the most wonderful gift you will ever receive.  A gift of healing and love.  What could be better than that?

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Dear luvuPOT,  I'm so, so sorry for your loss and what you have been through.  Your little Potpot is absolutely adorable.  I don't think Potpot is a Sheltie, but, her picture sure does remind me of my Scottie when he was  little.  If I can ever figure out how to insert a picture, I'll show you his picture when he was little.  They resemble a lot!   It is hard to imagine there are people so cruel to laugh at your grief.  They must have very hard hearts.  Please know your grief is normal and, as all have told your here already, we truly do understand what you are going through.  It has been 12 weeks for me and I still cry when something triggers it.   I had Scottie for only 5 years which I felt was a short time when compared to others who come to this website.  But, as others told you, the time doesn't even matter.  We have such a strong bond and love with our furbabies and it is just devestating to lose them. Of course, in your case, the loss was totally unexpected also since she was healthy.  So it was even more shocking and probably hard to take in. 
I definitely believe our babies are in God's care and in a very happy place.  Just keep coming here and you will find yourself slowing healing and you express your grief as well as your happy experiences with Potpot.  I recommend going to other posts and reading, reading, reading.  There is so much support and wisdom here at this website.  I wish you well and we are here for you. 
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Dear luvuPOT,  I'm so, so sorry for your loss and what you have been through.  Your little Potpot is absolutely adorable.  I don't think Potpot is a Sheltie, but, her picture sure does remind me of my Scottie when he was  little.  If I can ever figure out how to insert a picture, I'll show you his picture when he was little.  They resemble a lot!   It is hard to imagine there are people so cruel to laugh at your grief.  They must have very hard hearts.  Please know your grief is normal and, as all have told you here already, we truly do understand what you are going through.  It has been 12 weeks for me and I still cry when something triggers it.   I had Scottie for only 5 years which I felt was a short time when compared to others who come to this website.  But, as others told you, the time doesn't even matter.  We have such a strong bond and love with our furbabies and it is just devestating to lose them. Of course, in your case, the loss was totally unexpected also since she was healthy.  So it was even more shocking and probably hard to take in. 
I definitely believe our babies are in God's care and in a very happy place.  Just keep coming here and you will find yourself slowing healing as you express your grief as well as your happy experiences with Potpot.  I recommend going to other posts and reading, reading, reading.  There is so much support and wisdom here at this website.  I wish you well and we are here for you. 
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Pot reminds me very much of a Shiba Inu mix.  LOL. We all seem to have a theory about what made Pot who she was.  Whatever her mix, she was a beautiful little girl and now she is a beautiful little angel.  I know my kitties must just love her.  She looks like a good cuddling doggy. ;-)
My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
luvuPot,

Potpot was such a handsome boy.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I too think that there may be a bit of Shiba Inu in him.  Regardless of the breed mix, he is just adorable. 

The pain and the grieving changes with time..sometimes it will knock you over and you will be breathless; sometimes it comes in waves and pulls you under for a moment; sometimes it is just a low, dull ache that just won't go away.  Each moment, each day is one moment and one day closer to when you will feel better. 

You are at the beginning of this journey; believe that you will get to the place where you are meant to be.  Pot was here to share his life(however short) with you and he has taught you many things about life, loving, sharing and giving.  His impact on your life(as you already know) will be great.  You will always remember him. He is forever a part of who you are and who you will grow to be.

Thinking of you.

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
luvuPOT
Thank you for the response, she was a really beautiful girl. I think everyone of us here think of her own furbaby as the most beautiful dog or cat in the world :) I'm going to ask my roommate to help me with uploading the photos I took from her phone, I took two of her final resting place, I plan to clean the space since, it had some garbage, like plastic, glass and unused tiles on it, pot's space was only cleaned, I'm gonna have to think of a way to repel the mosquitoes though. Urgh. The owners said they were supposed to bury her on the farm, but her men buried her behind one of the their houses here. It could've been nicer on the farm, but then again it would be too far to visit and i'm sure they wouldn't be too understanding if I were to visit their farm on a regular basis.

A lot of people who see her say she really looks like a wolf, and even runs as fast and moves like them, like the way they raise their heads when they howl, but I said a lot of dogs do that too, especially if their breed is close to their like, or are mixed breed. My memories of Potpot are my happy thoughts, but when I want to reach for her and cuddle or hug or carry her, that's when I start to cry.

Anyway, she does kind of look like she was of Shiba-inu mix, her sister definitely does! but they were separated when I adopted Potpot.

Susie_Squillions, I'm sure they would have gotten along well. :) My angel wouldn't fight back or even try when my neighbors kittens scratch her face, not even when one of the cute kittens hit Potpot's nose with her paws, about to scratch her, I guess. It was so cute! The kitty must've just reacted naturally, seeing a dog and all. Pot just took a step back and sat beside me until the kitten retreated.

I'm really thinking a lot about adopting a furbaby soon, the apartment is just too lonely now. I still cry a lot, specially when I'm home. Thank you all for sharing your experiences with adopting furbabies after losing one, I'll really try to get myself together and not expect anything or compare them. I do read other posts, but I'm afraid just from the pet loss forum as it still hurts too much when I try to read other stuff like grooming, keeping healthy and such, as we've done everything for our Potpot and she was healthy and happy before she passed, as donnalee said, it is very difficult to accept. Most of the time though I don't know what to say and just want to hug everyone here.

I'm from the Philippines, and I guess it is considered unusual here to treat our pets like family or close friends or just unusual to grieve for them. Don't get me wrong though, most of us who do have pets take good care of them and care for them, but only few who treat pets like family and are able to develop that bond. It's very sad, and I'm just so grateful that rainbows bridge is here for all of us.

Quote 0 0
luvuPOT
Dearest Potpot,
I just got home from Uncle's island this morning, and everytime we'd go to our favorite places, I wish you were there with me. I wanted to have you sitting on my lap with your cute little hands by the handles  next to mine, just as we always do when we ride my scooter. I imagined you with us when we were on the beach. I remembered the last time we were on the island with the whole family in the river. I put you on a board just fit for you so I could put shampoo on you. You were still so little when you left us, we could have made a lot more memories together Pot. I miss you so much! I even saw a dog who just looked so much like you, just a little bit older though, I couldn't help but be sad again. You should have been there with us. you should be on my lap or lying on the floor beside me right now. And I shouldn't be writing all these. It is so unfair. If I only listened to my instincts and picked you up. I can't help it Pot. Your my best friend and I miss you so, so, much. I love you angel, and thanks for the time you spent with us, no matter how short. That trip on the island to get my thoughts of you didn't help, but I think I'm starting to heal. Just please rest in peace angel. I love you so much.
Quote 0 0
DebbieD
Dear luvuPot,
Oh, what a hard week-end for you. Although it was so wonderful to hear about all the great memories you have even in the short time. It's so clear how much you loved your angel
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
What a beautiful friend.  I lost my beloved Ted to an accident as well.  I think it stings that much more because it was unexpected.  How can people be so careless?  I am really struggling with grief and anger right now.  I am taking it one minute at a time.  That is the best I can do.  I hope you find peace and another furbaby to love.  I am sure I will open my heart in time.  
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
luvuPOT
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
I'm afraid I still haven't found peace about her passing. I can't accept it still.
@tikibarb, I know what you mean about losing someone by accident. It sucks because we're totally taken aback and the shock is just too much to handle. The sadness still consumes me every so often. I'm constantly blaming myself for her passing. I visit her grave everyday and I can't stop thinking about the 'what ifs'. I know it wouldn't help but I can't stop myself from thinking. I did everything for Potpot. I brought her to the vet whenever she had problems.
 I'm a college student and granted I am luckier than some, there are just those days when we're short on cash and everyday stuff with books and requirements for school is tough to handle, but I always thought of her first you know.. I remember once we had to borrow money for the first time to pay for her medical needs, there are very few vets here and they're all too expensive. But I'd gladly work for anything or borrow even, if I could have her back. My point is... I was always careful with her. I never hurt her or did anything to harm her. I made sure her food was okay, her water clean. But one day, I was stupid enough to let her out and play without me or my roommate. The gate was far enough, I was late for a class and she was a smart little baby, she'd still be there when my best friend would come home in less than five minutes, and when my class is over we'd bathe her and play a little till I have to go back to school again, or that's what I thought.
She got out, apparently because the guard chased her and she ran too fast. She must have thought that he was playing with her and she happily ran away across the street and to the park where I usually took her to play. She never came home, she wasn't able to cross the street again. The street wasn't busy but someone was in a hurry and didn't even stop even though anyone could clearly see my angel by side of the street. Instead of turning left or right to avoid my baby, the ones who saw the accident said that the driver just went through, as if nobody was in the middle of the way. And even if they screamed for him to stop so they could save my angel, he didn't. Potpot was still on the shoulder lane, and I don't know why that driver took that lane and not on the road itself. But if my roommate and I took her with us like we always have, or at least got her inside, even she'd have barked and howled until one of us came back for her, she would have been safe. She would have been here with me now. I do wish peace and some comfort for everyone who has lost their furbaby. I'm truly sorry for the pain. *hugs*
Quote 0 0