sammysmommy Show full post »
sammysmommy
Hi my Sammy boy,

I miss you. I have been overworking myself so that I won't feel. But I absolutely dread coming home. I'm so sad bubby. I just miss my best friend. Your star certificate came in the mail yesterday. It warmed my heart to see it. Today, I got a card from Dr. Tallant. It was really nice. I feel I want to ask her if I really did everything I could. I feel so lost without you. My life just doesn't make sense. Daddy and I are planning to go away, but it makes me so sad. We really need the break though. We always planned trips around you. Places that were dog friendly so we all could have a good time. Plus I knew you would be with me. Less worry. It doesn't feel right at all to be planning a trip without you. I'm so drained. I just want you home. I love you so much.

2012-05-20 14.17.40.jpg 
Quote 0 0
sammysmommy
Hi baby, 

I miss you bubby. I have been taking on so many hours at work to avoid being home. By the time I get home, I just pass out. I feel like I am in denial of it all. Connie thinks it's my body/mind defense mechanism. I wasn't eating or sleeping well. I wasn't taking care of myself. I shut everyone out including Daddy because I was hurting so bad. Connie thinks my body/mind thought I needed a break so it's been avoidance of everything in order for me to be able to function. I'm hoping I don't burst from avoiding it. Connie thinks it's just my way of navigating through my grief. I was in such a bad place when I last saw her. I wear your necklace with your fur every day. I kiss it constantly. I bought a book called "For Every Dog An Angel." It perfectly described how I feel about you. My Forever Dog. My doggie soul mate. I decided that I'm going to keep white flowers on your table constantly to represent your white fur. I love and miss you so much baby. Please don't think I'm forgetting you. Not even close. But you know how Mommy is. Mommy gets so sick. I sleep with your fleece every night. I love you with all of my heart forever and always. ?Mommy

2012-03-29 16.00.22.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Bama1220
Sammy's mommy...your Sammy is so precious and through my tears, my heart is breaking for you.  I do want you to know that we on this site truly understand your pain and what you are going through!  I lost my precious angel, Gus, four months ago and it hurts so much but I know that he was getting sicker, and I had to make the gutwrenching decision of letting him go!  I will always question that decision but was told by his doctors that it was the right one.  Like you I asked for signs every second of every day and I have gotten them.  The first was a white butterfly in my backyard...I planted a garden in memory of Gus where he loved to lay and there it was one day!  It made my heart soar!  I know that sounds corny but it's true!  Of course, some days are better than others!  Today was not so good and I asked for another sign.  All of a sudden, my doorbell rang twice (it was my neighbor and she always use to come over when she wanted to see Gus and always rang twice.  Well, she hadn't come over in a couple of weeks, and voila, as soon as I asked Gus to let me know he was ok, I heard that doorbell ring and almost fell over.  So, I do believe in my heart that Gus is trying to tell me he is ok, but I have to believe it and days like today, I question it because of the guilt I feel, which everyone tells me  I have to get over, since like you, I did everything in my power to keep him as long as I could without putting him through any more pain!  If you want to talk let me know and I will be happy to!!!  I will tell Gus all about Sammy and will tell him to introduce Sammy to all of his friends...they will then be running, playing and getting into all sorts of trouble! 

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Sammy's mommy,
I haven't seen you on the forum for a while, but I wanted to let you know that after being inspired by your post about naming a star after your dear Sammy, I did name a star after my Bella.  It is her 10th birthday today, so my family and I decided to do it as a birthday tribute for her.  Thank you for the idea.
DSCF5081 (608x429).jpg
I hope that your days are getting easier to cope with.
Thinking of you and sweet little Sammy. 
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0