cirice

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. My name is Carolina, I live in a small town near Florence (IT), since english is not my first language I'm sorry in advance for any grammar error.

On Tuesday I lost my beloved dog Jasper after an ischemia. He was a Cavalier King so he had heart issues like most of them and we also found out on Monday that he had a thyroid cancer.
We rushed to the vet at 5 a.m and he told us there was so little he could do, because the dog was unconcious and ice cold so the vet tried his best to do something for him. Unfortunately, he died at home at 7 a.m. It was all so sudden, I still can't believe it. I miss him so much, I can't stop crying...
I have a little piece of him, since I have his son Tristan and he comforts me a lot.

To make things worst my 20 year-old cat is at the end of his life. He had a leg thrombosis on the 17th of August and partially lost his legs. It seemed like he was feeling better, but now he doesn't even want to eat anymore and also can't defecate because it's too tiring for him. I know his time has come to an end and I will probably have to put him to sleep. I know I have to let him go and I'll have to do what's better for him, because I can't see him suffer like this.
He had a great life, he has been with me my whole life (I'm 25) and he saw the vet maybe 2 or 3 times in 20 years. But it's all so difficult especially after my dog died a few days ago and now I have to say goodbye to my cat too.

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Carolina,

Greif touches everyone around the World. Greetings to you and welcome to the Rainbow     vdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddp[-----2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222----------------uyjh`2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
7M,-0

Okay, sorry for the above. That was just typed by a kitten I am fostering (Seriously! I swear) named "KID." He is a feral stray that I rescued in mid July here in Los Angeles, Ca. And he just insisted on standing on my lap, interrupting my typing my comment, leaning against my computer keyboard with both paws and typing on the keypad with his footpads. He is very, very smart, especially for a young lad, but obviously he does not know how to type. But alas he tried.

Normally I would edit the above out, especially due to the seriousness of what we are discussing here, but it was typed by a young, innocent cat, who basically just sent a message to you in Italy! And how do I know that was not supposed to happen? I don't! Perhaps it is a "sign" that your beloved cat will be okay and so will you. 

I am sure KID would be sending you (as I am) my sincerest regards and deepest condolences for the recent loss of your dog and your possible pending loss of your cat. What you have faced and are about to face possibly again is beyond heartbreaking, and our hearts are breaking with you here on the Rainbow Bridge Forum.

Here in the United States "Thrombosis" in cats is one of the most feared health conditions that is known. As cats (and dogs) can "throw another blood clot" at any time, including into their brains. Which can lead to blindness, catatonia or coma. So as sad as it is you are doing the right thing, if you put your beloved out of her misery and show her mercy.

They say "When we end our beloved's pain and suffering, we agree to absorb their pain and suffering onto ourselves. To transfer it to our minds and bodies and then process it through our grief." This is the bargain some of us have to make or made. It is the bargain I made and many others here on the forum.

May God bless you and yours and keep you during these difficult times.

My kindest regards,
James

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Carolina,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy Jasper. I'm sure he was very much loved and that you gave him a wonderful life. I'm glad Tristan brings you comfort.

And now you need to say goodbye to your cat who has been with you almost your entire life. I am so very sorry for what you are going through.

Your English is wonderful.

It can help to share feelings, stories and pictures of your furry friends when and if you want. There are many understanding and compassionate people here.

My condolences,
Jan

James,

I was concerned for a second. Thought maybe you'd had a stroke or something. And KID needs to work on his English.
Quote 0 0
cirice

Thank you all for the kind words, KID included.

I will probably have to take Matisse (the cat) to the vet today because he's doing really bad: his face is swollen, he has a lot of mucus running down his nose, he can't even stand on his legs and doesn't even want to eat or drink.
it's like he's telling me, through his eyes, to let him go a free him from pain and I'll do it.

It's so hard to say goodbye to two of my pets in a week...

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am sorry to hear that Matisse is not doing well. It is hard to make that final decision for our pets, but sometimes it must be done to end their suffering.

You are in my thoughts,
Jan
Quote 0 0
cirice

Jan_H wrote:
I am sorry to hear that Matisse is not doing well. It is hard to make that final decision for our pets, but sometimes it must be done to end their suffering.

You are in my thoughts,
Jan

Thank you so much.

Matisse went peacefully to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday at 5:30 pm. I miss him so, so much but I know it was the right thing to do. He was in so much pain yesterday, I took my time to say goodbye to him and then our vet opened the clinic for the injection.
Everytime I close my eyes, I can see his lil' swollen face and those eyes looking at me asking for help...
I like to think that now he's with my Jasper and they're running and playing togerther!

These are my boys, Jasper and Matisse

Jasper ed il suo papillon.jpg  maty.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
What handsome boys! Thank you for sharing their pictures. I'm sure you miss them terribly.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Carolina,

I am very saddened to hear of your having to put your beloved "Matisse" to sleep. That photo you just shared of him is so beautiful, it almost looks like "Matisse" is not real! Its as if he is a Disney cartoon character! 

Jasper was also a very handsome lad.

Both of your lost beloved's have looks in their eyes of pure love & adoration.

Thank you for sharing a bit of your and their story and for those wonderful photos of your beloved's.

My kindest regards & sincerest condolences,
James

Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
Carolina,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your babies.  I can't imagine losing two in one week.  Just take it one breath at a time.  Sometimes that is all we can do and that's ok.
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0
cirice

Thank you Jan

Yes, I miss them so much... I'm lucky I still have one dog so I can someway distract me taking him for a walk or go playing in the park

Thank you so much for your words, James
Yes, he was such an gorgeous cat!
During the last two years, he had lost most of his hair and had a lot of knots but it was surely because of his old age

Thank you, Jasmines_Mom
It's devastating. I'll try my best to cope with their loss, I still can't believe they're not here with me...I can still hear Jasper barking and Matisse's meows sometimes

Here more pics of them
  mary.jpg  jaspy.jpg  Jasp.jpg  30856_1433996979804_2232639_n.jpg 

Quote 0 0
thennowthen
Dear Florence, I know first hand what you are going through.  My Golden Retriever, Annie, who I raised from a 10-week old puppy died suddenly when she was 10 years old.  Those were some of the best 10 years of my life.  I took Annie with me everywhere, everyone who knew her, loved her.  We were adopted by a little all black kitty when Annie was about 2.  Lincoln and Annie were the best of friends.  90 days to the day after Annie died, Lincoln passed on, I think from the loss of his pal.  This all happened many years ago.  Many days passed finding me inconsolable so a friend encouraged me to bring home two little felines from foster care.  Until one month ago, those two were always at my side at home.  The older one, Queenie who was about 12 developed a nasal tumor that was inoperable.  One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life was to give her back to her Creator, but it was the most loving thing I could have done for her.  Jackie the younger kitty and I are alone together now and one day I hope to bring home some new canine and feline kids, but the time isn't right just yet.
I want you to know that while the pain from the loss of your kids will diminish over time, the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to give yourself all the time you need to grieve for their loss and believe that one day when you think of them you'll smile more than cry, they will forever be in your heart and waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Sincerely,
Steve
Steve Keating
Quote 0 0