Forum

Author   Comment  
Ronda

Reply with quote  #1 
My heart is so broken. Up until Christmas eve my Banjo was so full of energy and getting into mischief. That morning when we woke up I noticed his stomach was distended. We took him to the vet thinking he had swallowed a rock and had a impaction. After several test later they informed us he had a very aggressive form of cancer that effect the bloodvessels. He died 1 week after that diagnosis. After doing some research I discovered this cancer usually started with some sort of skin growth and progresses if not treated. I'm so angry because I found a growth and a lump on him in the fall. I took him to the vets and they told me the growth was just a wart and the lump was just a fatty tumor. I keep wondering if they dropped the ball and could this had been prevented. Indon't even want to take my other dog back to them for any type of care. I want to point out that it was not our regular vet that found the cancer but a vet from a emergency clinic. I just keep grasping for answers.
jinx82

Reply with quote  #2 
I feel the same anger. Our dog had a seizure a little over a month ago and I rushed her in. She was fine when we got there and the vet said we would just have to wait for it again. I wish that I would have pushed for more tests. She was bleeding from her mouth last week so we thought she broke a tooth. We took her in and had to put her down a few hours later. They found cancer on her spleen and was bleeding internally. I am so sorry for your loss.

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you! I'm so sorry for your loss also.
llkelly

Reply with quote  #4 
We lost our dog to what sounds like the same cancer described in both of your responses.  My Toby had several seizures one evening.  He had never had a seizure before.  He was 8 1/2 years old.  We took him to the animal hospital and all blood work came back abnormal.  They did an x-ray and saw something but could not tell what it was.  They kept him overnight and watched him.  Early the next morning they did another x-ray and determined he was bleeding internally.   They believe he had a tumor that ruptured on his spleen.     We gave the Dr., the go ahead to operate and take the spleen out, but we lost him when his heart stopped moments before they were to operate.  12 hours after the first seizure we lost our boy. Toby also had a lump we found and had it looked at as well as a sample taken.  It was determined it was not cancerous and was just a fatty tumor.   Other lumps showed up as well and now I am so devastated that we should have had every single one looked at, as I wonder if one of them could have been our first sign.  

Laura
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.