Zander Show full post »
Zander
I am so sorry I think it makes it so much harder when we are surrounded by people that don't understand why we are so hurt and sad so that leaves no one to talk to about our pain. Please know you can post to this thread anytime you need a shoulder (although cyber) and I am here to listen Even though our sweet dogs are no longer in pain it still doesn't fill the hole left behind I pray it will get easier
Quote 0 0
DanHenao
Zander, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I lost my beloved 16 year old cat Rupert today. Cat, dog, snake, lizard, or any kind of pet, losing them is the same kind of pain because they were all part of our family, a part of us. We both lost of part of us. At least your dog and my cat are no longer suffering at all. They are now in a better place.

I am very sorry to hear you have cancer. Battling it can be a hard, especially with this loss in your mind, but you must stay strong. Cancer is a hard thing to fight, but even the hardest battles have been won. I really hope things get better for you. 

Danny

My friend, my brother, Rupert, pre 2001-January 25, 2016 
I love you and I miss you. 

Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
I am so sorry. It is alarming how fast cancer grows in dogs. My Bessie has surgery for a benign tumor in October - we thought she'd be fine and live a few more years. (She was 11). We went on vacation for Thanksgiving and left her with my sister, who said she was acting weird. When I got back I knew something was wrong. Couldn't pinpoint it. She didn't want to eat, but she had always been finicky about dog food. Gave her people food and she was fine. Then suddenly I was really having to encourage her to eat. On Tuesday before the new year I noticed her glands were swollen, the vet gave her medication, then she wouldn't eat at all starting Wednesday night and suddenly by Friday had a huge growth on her throat. By Sunday she was having a hard time breathing. We let go on Monday. I'm broken. I had to say goodbye to both my dogs in a year. Both young. Both due to a weird and rare cancer. (different cancers).
It's awful. We are with you.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
Zander
Danny you are absolutely right it doesn't matter what type or size of pet we lose just the place they took in our heart I am so sorry for your loss We are so blessed to have been able to have experienced the bond and love of these amazing animals. I hope time will help plug the huge hole that is left

Fonzies Mom I too can not believe how quickly it grows in dogs either I had no idea how many sweet pets were taken by it until I got on this forum I know that helpless feeling watching your sweet dog be overtaken by stupid stupid cancer I am so sorry for your loss Thank you for your kind words
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
zander I just read your post about your sweet lab and I too lost a dear one to a very aggressive osteosarcoma - my dear chances (can ch srigo's risky business, tt), just 6 years old.  it started as what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder july 4th weekend camping and our vet took tests and found it was a cancer.  he was in touch with the research team at university of pa and sent them the xrays, bloodwork and everything he had - including new xrays showing the mass had already grown almost 3x the original size a week before.  the diagnosis was it was an extremely aggressive form and neither chemo nor surgery made sense, that I should keep her comfortable and let her tell us when she wanted to pass.  it was a peaceful passing in doc's office for chances while laying half in my lap and half out, me rubbing her head and telling her how proud I was of her strength and how much I loved her.  to this day I still miss my chancie but my assistance in helping her pass to a painfree place was one that I never regretted.  

I am sorry to hear you area also battling cancer and my prayers are for you and your sweet boy.  I was 9 way back in 64 when my mom passed of 5 cancers and each day of my life has been wondering why.  if wishes could make something a reality then I wish there was nothing called cancer for either us or our fur-babies.  maybe one day.   many hugs, thoughts and prayers for everyone.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Zander:  I just read that you are also battling cancer.  I am so sorry to read this. You are getting lots of hugs & positive thoughts & prayers from everyone here. And your 'Best Bud' will be sending tons of love & positive energy to you too!!! What was his name? Hugs,KC
Quote 0 0
exit30
We lost our sweet kitty Tuffy over the summer, he was only 5 yrs. old, the hole in my heart has gotten bigger with each passing day, I know I will never ever get over it, I'll just learn to deal with the pain.

Zander, I can't tell you to hang in there, that it will get better because I don't know that it will, it hasn't gotten better for me at all. I will just break down in tears in a second when I think of my buddy.

The only consolation is that all of our sweethearts are no longer in pain, and are playing together with nothing to fear.
Quote 0 0
GingersMommy
Zander, I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Ginger of 15 years on 1/20/16.  It hurts so much.
Beverly Lieb
Ginger's Mommy forever
Quote 0 0