keyo
Today I lost my best friend and sidekick I could ever ask for. My 14 yr old German Shepard named KEYO crossed the bridge today. He by far had a awesome and spoiled life. The first picture is about 8 months old maybe. The last picture was his final ride today in his car that he loved. This by far is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. He had cancer and his hips just gave out. For the last 3 to 4 days I had been sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor with him and stayed by his side 24/7. He loved riding around in the car or the truck and spending time with me. so many funny memories' of my buddy. I took a job as a route driver for a over a year. A few funny stories I would like to share. I delivered to a police department on my route. The lady there loved him so he was free to roam and was well behaved. Well she came to me asking if I saw her donuts. Then we look over to KEYO and he has powder all over his nose. We would stp at the FL/GA line for a potty break everyday. I would park in a certain spot and the retire ladies would run out to give him fresh water and treats. He touched so many lives and hearts thru his awesome years.

The house feels so empty without him and it hurts so much deep inside. I could only afford to have him put down and not get his ashes back which was the hardest thing ever. I lost my job 2 years ago after being hurt on the job and still fighting it in court. I know he loved me and knew I was with him the whole time. Today before we went I took him outside and gave him a bath like old times with music and water splashing. I just hope this gets easier as time goes by. This is the first dog I ever gotten attached to in this way from being a puppy to being a 14 yr old grown up. I just don't know how to find a way to find peace with all this. k3.jpg  life.  last ride.jpg 
dan
Quote 0 0
keyo
k19.jpg  t5.jpg 
dan
Quote 0 0
keyo
t3.jpg 
dan
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Hi Dan,

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your beautiful boy, Keyo. He's absolutely gorgeous and obviously such a gentle soul. My Murphy was waiting to welcome him to the Rainbow Bridge I'm sure. He'll show Keyo around and introduce him to everyone and they'll all play happily together, healthy and happy as can be. Thank you for sharing his photos. It's comforting to see who Murphy is playing with these days.

I wish there had been someone or an organization that could have helped you get his ashes back. That is so incredibly sad and tragic after the wonderful life you shared together. I wish I could have helped. Losing our best friends is one of the most difficult things we face in life and so unfair. They leave an emptiness that can never be filled.

Please know you're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you many happy memories of your precious boy,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Katel
Dear Dan:    Oh my heart is just aching for you right now.  For you to have lost such a
beautiful boy.  Just looking at his handsome and loving face chokes me up.  After 14 years he will leave a huge hole in your life.  Don't be too sad for not getting his ashes, I have ashes of my dog but I know she's not really there, but her spirit is with me as will Keyo's spirit be with you always. 

Thank you for sharing the story about the donuts, it brought a much-needed grin  to my face, what a cheeky boy he was.  And I love that you gave him a bath too he would have loved that., and I love the photos, particularly the one of him when he was a 'little' puppy of 8 months!  Such a cuddle boy. 

Please take strength from this forum,  we are all in the pain of loss  here and do understand yours only too well. Come back often and tell us more about Keyo if you feel like it.  He will watch over you, you can be sure of that.

My little Danny Chi is ill and soon to cross the bridge, he just loves big dogs and i know he will run up to Keyo to greet him. 

I pray for peace and healing to come to you in time,
Blessings

Kate 

Quote 0 0
keyo
This is so hard. I am just waiting for him to peek around the corner again. I just don't know what lies ahead for me. In 2012 I was hit head on by a semi truck while working then fired thru a text message while in surgery. I am trying to find a job and its not easy still with a work comp claim in the court system. Keyo would always give me that extra will to want to fight this fight I have been going thru. Its like I don't want to fight anymore myself. I know he is pain free and the pictures over the last few days were heart breaking and he told me it was time. Life has been so unfair to me and my wife for the last 2 years. I am still a wreck today and I am sure it will take time.

I will ride out where he and I sat at the beach with his brother tomorrow. I had a work comp appeal hearing today that was a 6 hour drive round trip and not emotionally strong enough to drive that far. His brother does know he is not here and can tell . Monday night while caring for KEYO, Tarzan his brother came in the room and saw how sick he was and tried to push the water bowl to him with his nose. Then yesterday about 8 am I got a text from his favorite K9 unit officer. We always stopped when we saw him on the road and his dog and KEYO got along so well they became good friends. That ripped my heart out his dog buddy heard about his last hours. t17.jpg 
dan
Quote 0 0
keyo
t9.jpg 
dan
Quote 0 0
MrB1_
Keyo, the magnificent, I'd say.

Heartbroken is not enough of word to convey what you are going through. I can relate to expecting to see him everywhere and not knowing what to do with your grief because I lost my beloved 13 year old cat, Buster, two weeks 5 days ago.

I know that everyone here is sending you a combined hug and wanting to let you know you are not alone.
We are all in this together.
So sorry for your horrible loss,
Roberta
Quote 0 0