Zenna
Today was one of the most hardest and saddest days of my life.

My gorgeous kitty Zenna became sick so suddnely (the past 2 days) and I took her to the vet today. The vet told me her prognosis wasn't good and I had to make the hard decision to put her to sleep. He told me to take my time with her, to say good bye and when I was ready, to tell him.
I held her in my arms for the longest time, giving her smooches as she got weaker, she rested her head on my shoulder. I told her that I will see her again. When I was ready, I called the vet, and I didn't want to watch, so I headed to the door. She meowed for me as I was going, and it was the most heartbreaking thing.

She was almost 9 years old. I got her as a kitten when I was 11 years old and she was always my baby. I am going to miss her so so much. She meant the world and more to me. She had the whitest fur and the most beautiful green eyes. She'd always scratch on my bedroom door at night, just so she could snuggle with me in bed. It's 3.11am now and I don't even want to go to bed knowing that she's not going to be there.

I'm hurting so much right now. I want her back so much. :(

Quote 0 0
Rick530

She is a great looking cat. I lost my baby boy several days ago so know what you are dealing with. I know its hard. VERY hard. Just know that Zenna is watching over you with loving eyes, and you will see her once again someday.

Quote 0 0
reovi
Nights are the hardest time, I think for almost everyone on here...we all do separate things to help, but I actually posted "how do you fall asleep" a while back and got a bunch of good suggestions, you might start there.  Having no sleep seems to really compound the sadness...
Quote 0 0
Zenna
Thank you for your replies... It's 6.48am and I didn't get to sleep... I stayed downstairs.. Everytime I went up to my bedroom, it just seemed so depressing...

I checked out that thread, and yeah, there are some good suggestions.. Lack of sleep can do such weird things to you, and make your emotions harder to deal with..

Quote 0 0
CarolS

What a beautiful cat.  I'm so sorry to hear she's gone.  It's been more than a week now for me since I lost my Misty.  I am absolutely heartbroken.  I wish so much that she was still here with me.  I can't stop crying.

Quote 0 0
MagzMom
I am so so sorry for your loss Zena, know you are not alone.
Quote 0 0
Mia870

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dog "Mia" 6 days ago and it is heartwrenching.    

Mia Jessie aged: 11 years. Always our puppy girl xxxxxx
Quote 0 0
Tova
i'm so sorry hun about ur baby, God only takes the best, i just lost mine yesterday so i know what ur going thru, I cant stop crying either, i miss her right now, i miss her smell, her fur, her face everything,  but i know we'll meet them again and this time its for good, this life is just a passing phase, so we have that to look forward to
Quote 0 0
shadoe18

Such a pretty kitty-I am so sorry for your loss

Quote 0 0
heather16
I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly what you are going through, i'm only a little older than you and i lost my cat Princess in March and i have had her since i was in 1st grade. I also had to put her to sleep and i couldn't stop crying, now my bedroom is quiet at night and i still cry all the time. My heart just aches and i always just to think to myself almost begging to have her back, and it hurts so much. Time does make it easier, but you still cry. Its been almost 2 months and i've been doing ok, not crying as much, but the past 2 days i've been constantly crying because i just miss her so much and want to hold her one more time. 

What has helped me, i was talking to a women who suggested this book and it did make me feel better. Its called Animals and the Afterlife, by Kim Sheridan. It's a very good book and i would suggest it to everyone who is going through the same thing. 

Take Care, and I am here if you want to write a private message or anything else. 
Quote 0 0
Zenna
It's been 3 long nights without her, and it's definitely not getting easier. She was in my dreams last night, which was really nice, but it makes me more sad that they're only dreams. Right now I am expecting her to jump onto the back of my computer chair and give me smooches. 
Quote 0 0