mutchmj
I am heartbroken, about 3 hours ago we had to put our Shih Tuz Abbey down. She would have been 14 in June. She was my furry soul mate. My husband always said she was attached to my hip cause wherever I was she would be. We have so many good memories of her that I have to cling to those to get me through. This was the hardest decision I had to make but she has been failing in health for months now, she had cushings disease and an enlarged heart that was pushing up on her esophagus and making it hard for her to breath. We had her on a lot of meds and they helped for a while but recently stopped helping. I will meet her at that rainbow bridge someday.

Well this morning I think she was having mini seizures and I just could not let my Abbey girl suffer any longer for my sake.  I miss her so much and my heart is breaking right now.  I am so glad I found this forum.
Quote 0 0
Debi

Mutchmi, I'm so very sorry for your pain ....I wish our fur babies could outlive us...it's just too hard to have to say good bye. 14 years is a long time and I'm sure your missing your baby horribly...but rest assured she is running and playing pain and disease free now. I know that didn't help me but later I realized how sick and old my baby was when I had to say good bye to him at 15 years...he too was my soulmate, and my husband said years ago, I hope nothing ever happens to him, because he's your baby! It is like losing a child, and it's been just 7 weeks now and I still cry myself to sleep every night. Hoping later you can tell us about the fun times with your Abbey....and share some stories...it helps to talk about our babies and everyone on here are such caring and understanding people...hugs to you...

Debi
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Mutchmi,

My heart goes out to you today.  I was where you are four weeks ago tonight after saying goodbye to my Bengal Cat, T.J. (my avatar).  He was the Heart of My Heart, a guy who came to me when I needed him most, and who bonded to me the instant we saw each other (he actually ran across the room and leaped in to my arms).  He and I were like one unit, always here for each other, no matter what.

You are in shock, so please be gentle with yourself and allow the tears to flow.  When I came home from ringing the bell at the gates for T.J., I had to immediately clean up all the signs of his illness.  I couldn't rest until the pillows and blankets were where they belonged.  I wanted this house to remind me of his days of youth, health and vigor.  I refused to give any respect to the insidious brain tumor that took his balance and navigational abilities from him.  That really helped a lot to bring back the memories of happier times.

When we say goodbye to special needs furs, there are so many times a day that remind us of them.  We instinctively reach for their meds or their special foods, etc., before we realize that nobody needs those things now.  I hope the memories of the best of the best times will come to you quickly.  Abbey was so blessed to have found her way to you home and heart where she was loved the way every animal deserves to be.

You and your sweet Angel Abbey are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending you virtual hugs tonight.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Abbey's mom,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little girl. What a good mom you were to say good-bye to her so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore.  It's a courageous decision made because we love our babies so.

Thinking of you.

Karen

Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Quote 0 0
angiet7
So sorry to hear of your loss , its a heartbreaking decision to make , Abbey will not be in pain now and is sleeping peacefully because of the brave mom that you have been .The pain that you feel now will in time ease and Abbey will always be with you in your memories and your heart xx my blessings to you xx 
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Abbey's Mommy,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Abbey. You gave your Abbey the gift of love by releasing her from any pain and suffering. All of us here know so well the heartache you are feeling. Abbey is now free to run and play at the Bridge with all our babies. Abbey knows how very much you love her. When our babies have to leave us, they take such a big of our hearts with them that can never be replaced, but there precious spirits forever live in our hearts and souls surrounding us with there love.

Please know that my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
Carol
Abbey's Mom

I can't express to you the sorrow I feel for your loss.  I understand how precious your Abbey was.  You were put in the horrible position of taking your baby away from you, but you did what a good mom does, and you put her first.  It was the hardest decision I also had to make, but in the end, you do what you have always done and you love your furry baby and let them go to a better place without pain and suffering.  I keep telling myself those same things.  Missing part of your heart seems like an unbearable loss, and I hope that you have some peace knowing you did the right thing.  We can all pray that someday, someone will love us enough to make the loving decisions on our behalf.  Keep strong, but let the grief come.

Quote 0 0