Raeraed
Yesterday i had to put my precious duke, (basset hound) down. He got so sick so quickly, and he was only 5 1/2. He was my baby boy, and my everything. I am so heartbroken. My whole family is a wreck. I just dont know what to do besides cry.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Dear Raeraed
I am so sorry to hear about duke., last week I had to put my beloved Sadie down. She had kidney failure. She was 7 and a half. She was my everything also. My family is also s wreck, so I know what you are going through. Talking to others is good.
A big hug for you
Sadies mom- Tammy
Quote 0 0
Raeraed
Thank you so much. Im so sorry about sadie :( pets truly are the best gifts in the world. I have another basset, his sister peanut. I just cannot believe It. Sending you love.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I know it is so hard to believe they are gone. Sadie was my first dog ever. She was a wheaten terrier and they get a fatal kidney disease PLN. She fought a brave fight. I was giving her sub q fluids daily. Sadly nothing was enough. She was cremated and at least home with me now. I don't know how you ever get over it. My love to you as well.
Quote 0 0
iamsuperbianca
I do feel your pain. I lost my four year old yorkie to kidney failure yesterday. She was diagnosed a year ago in May. My baby girl. She passed on her own. So rapidly. I am lost without her. I feel like I can't go on without her. My house feels empty without her. She was receiving fluids everyday as well. We would sing "you are my sunshine" every day we gave her the fluids. My beautiful girl. I miss her so much it hurts. I'm sure how to cope with the pain.

I hope they are together over the rainbow bridge.
Quote 0 0
iamsuperbianca
I am not sure how to cope with the pain.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am sorry about your baby girl. It is so hard to see them sick. I don't know how to cope with the pain either. Talking is good. Everyone in the forum loved their animals so very much. We are all in different stages of grieving. We help each other. I am so glad to have found this wonderful site. Sadie was diagnosed in June of 2014.
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear Raeraed,

So sorry about Duke. You are bound to be heartbroken. Everyone here knows exactly how you feel. Unfortunately we have all lost our babies and the pain is unbearable at times. 11 days ago our boy spike left us. I never imagined I would feel the way I do now. It's getting close to midnight here in England and I cannot sleep because I am thinking about all the what ifs. I know we torture ourselves with guilt and regret but we can't seem to stop it.
I'm so sorry Spike if we sent you to the rainbow bridge earlier than we should have done. Your world was getting smaller and smaller. That huge lump on your side was getting bigger every day and you were clearly in pain and struggling to get up sometimes. Please forgive me if I got it wrong but I just wasn't sure what to do and I didn't want you to suffer and carry on just for me.

Sorry Raeread, this post was supposed to be trying to support you but has ended up with me letting out my own grief. This forum will help you - just by being able to connect with others who understand.
Norma 
Quote 0 0