vduhr

She had an enlarged stomach which turned out to be an extremely invasive tumor, and nothing could be done but to humanely let her go without waking her from the anethesia.  I had a wonderful veterinarian and I will be allowed to have her cremated and keep her ashes.  I cry for every area in my home that she is no longer sleeping or playing.  We were blessed to have had her with us for almost 8 years.

Quote 0 0
DebbieD
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She is so beautiful! We lost our black Newf last week and it's so hard. We all have such wonderful memories and it's difficult to look anywhere in our homes that we don't see them. But that means they were well loved.

Finding the wonderful people on this forum has been very helpful - please share your stories as you are able as we all understand. 
Quote 0 0
marnlars
vduhr, I am so sorry for your loss.  I can feel your heartbreak from here.  She was a beautiful dog, and yes, you are very bless, as she is too, to have been together with each other for 8 years.
Come to the chat room here in the evenings.  I have found it has been a great source to help heal the pain.  Talk talk talk about her to anyone that will listen.  Write down everything that she did that you are missing.
It is so raw & fresh not having her in your home, I totally get that.
Our cat Jimmy passed away on June 11th.  He was 10.5.  It really helped me to talk to other people that loved their pets as much as I did.
I am sorry for your breaking heart & you & your dear girl are in my prayers.

Quote 0 0
ladybugsmom
I am so sorry about your baby. we are blessed with what ever time we have with these beautiful souls. I just lost my baby 30 days ago, she was 15 and had been with us since the day she was born. we have fought for awhile with her medical problems but they where to overwhelming for her this year so we had to also decide to let go peacefully without pain. it was the hardest decision we ever made.
Many hugs to you
Ladybugs Mop
Lady Bug

Monday October 24th 1994 - Sunday May 23rd 2010

I light this candle for Lady Bug, Cassy and and ALL the babies that have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Visit Lady Bug at http://www.immortalpets.com/Lady_Bug_Stalter/About.aspx

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Hugs to all
Quote 0 0
dallypup
so sorry for your loss.  i am currently dealing with cancer in my 10 year old lab and it is so hard!  one thing that helps me is knowing that as a responsible pet owner, it is up to me to not only make my pet's life as good as i can, but when the time comes, help him go home.  i believe truly that pets are gifts from god and we will be with them again!  randy alcorn wrote a great book called Heaven if you get a chance to read it, it lets you know what a bible "expert" believes.  i'm not what you call religious, but i know there is a god and he blesses us with wonderful furry friends, and i know we will be together for eternity.  i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and just know that you are not alone!
Quote 0 0