Pootiepaws
My kitty of 18 years died at home January 1st 2020. She was a trooper, diagnosed with diabetes at age 11. With me treating her for it with insulin shots for the next 8 years, she had the energy of a kitten until the final 3 months when she couldn't make jumping on the bed. I had an appointment to put her down on January 3rd, but I wanted her to die at home. I guess she did too. She had a seizure and didn't make it. Not pleasant to have to take care of preparing her to take to vet for cremation, but I think it worked out for both of us. That sad last image is not so harsh, but this is the hardest thing to deal with
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Lynn,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet kitty. Clearly she was very much loved and very well cared for. Many years ago I had a diabetic cat and I know what a commitment it is to give daily insulin shots. I hope as time goes by, happy memories help ease your pain.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Pootiepaws
Thank you very much. The insulin and shots didn't bother her at all, and as she got older, she got skinnier, so I was able to reduce her dose.
I don't wish her back, she outlived most cats without an underlying illness. But I do miss our routines. I was very VERY lucky to have her as long as I did. Thank you.
Quote 0 0