Tigerkitty
On Saturday, our cat fell down the stairs and broke his neck. We don't know what happened. Maybe a seizure? Maybe a stroke? We don't know. He died in his daddy's arms before mommy could get home. I am so lost. I don't know what to do. I have so many questions, where is he now? Did he suffer? Does he know I love him and miss him so much? I just want him back. I am so lost.....
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Tigerkitty
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't think of any other thing to say, this is so sad. I'm glad he was with his Daddy when he died. The questions and feeling lost is still with me six weeks later.

My heart goes out to you.

Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
Tigerkitty
Thank you for your kind words. I will also keep you in my thoughts for your loss as well. I am doing OK today. Not great and not bad... just OK.
Quote 0 0
loft2111
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's never easy when we lose our fur babies but when the loss is unexpected it's a different loss.  He knows you loved him and still love him and he will always watch over you and be with you.
Hugs to you
Ann Little Man's mom
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
I'm so sorry you lost your fur baby. Unfortunately we don't always get to know those answers. We go over the scenario again and again in our minds but still we may never know. It's hard to find closure without that. Of course he knows you loved him, he's an animal. Animals are a lot more intuitive than we think. Take it one day at a time, you're not alone.

~ Leah
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Tigerkitty
Thank you Ann and Leah. Its nice to know I am not alone. People keep telling me, just get another kitty.... I cant. there wont be another one like my tiger kitty. The hard part is I haven't put away his bowls or litter box but I know I have to because our two dogs keep sniffing the bowls and just look so confused. I have to do it for them but its just hard.
Quote 0 0
beccaseraph7
I am thankfully he had his daddy.  My Muddle passed in my arms as well.  I know from experience as heartbreaking as it was to experience.. it seemed to lesson his pain to have me with him.  I am glad to have done that for him.  
Quote 0 0
Apollo_the_great
My baby Apollo was put to sleep in my arms on 1-11-2015, and I still don't have closure. I am crying as I write this. I can't understand it.
William
Quote 0 0
PugsnPonies
This may or may not help, but someone said to me regarding all the unanswered questions in my head that were making me crazy...
You are trying to understand the un understandable. Trying to make sense of something we as humans are incapable of making sense of. 

I hope you find peace soon dear friend. 
PugsnPonies
Quote 0 0
nancynancy
I am so, so sorry Tigerkitty. I lost my Zaki 1/29/15. I had to make to horrific decision to end his suffering, which I did. If I had the choice, I would have much rather had him go in HIS home, on HIS terms. I struggle with this on a daily basis. We do not have the right to play God with any life, furry or otherwise in my opinion. I am glad for you that you did not have to make that
awful decision. Yes, you have a lot of unanswered questions, but it was your KITTY who made the decision when the time was the time. I am so sorry again, I DO know how you feel from the guilt and loss.
Zaki's mom, Nancy 
Quote 0 0
nancynancy
Apollo_the_great wrote:
My baby Apollo was put to sleep in my arms on 1-11-2015, and I still don't have closure. I am crying as I write this. I can't understand it.

I am so sorry William. Apollo is a beauty. I had to do the same thing on 1/29/15, to my beautiful best friend Zaki. I am still crying too. I don't think there will ever be closure, for me just an empty hole.
My only hope I hold onto is he is free of fear and pain now. I hope the same for your beautiful Apollo.
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
Sorry for your loss.  I lost my Dax just about a month ago and have not been able to smile much since then.

It gets easier, in some ways.  My Wife also asks about getting a new cat, but I am not ready for that either.  Not sure when I will be ready.

I hope things get better for you soon.
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Bumping your thread back up to get spammers off the front page.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0