tash
Lady Luck aka Lucky was 24 years old. She had been with me over half my life. Yesterday morning she was unresponsive. Our vet was out of town and next closest was 1 hour away. My husband got home and said she wouldn't make the trip. 34 minutes later, in my lap covered in a blanket and surrounded by the ones who loved her most she passed away. I can't quit crying. She was truly my first child. She's always been there. I feel so lost without her.
Quote 0 0
esme
tash wrote:
Lady Luck aka Lucky was 24 years old. She had been with me over half my life. Yesterday morning she was unresponsive. Our vet was out of town and next closest was 1 hour away. My husband got home and said she wouldn't make the trip. 34 minutes later, in my lap covered in a blanket and surrounded by the ones who loved her most she passed away. I can't quit crying. She was truly my first child. She's always been there. I feel so lost without her.

my deep sympathy to you and your family. my 20 year old dog died in September and I just lost my 18 year old. as you say, they have always been there. i am very sorry for your loss. 
Quote 0 0
William
In your lap and surrounded by those who loved her.
Hang on to that. That's a beautiful way to end your relationship. Not everyone has that type of peaceful ending.
The loss and pain run deep. We just have to keep going on and adjust to life without them. No one is ever sure how long that will take. We are all different people with different life stories but coming together in this one forum and sharing our pain.
I wish you peace as you travel this journey of loss.
Kim
Kim
Quote 0 0