Mevega76
I just had to put my baby girl Roxy down last week after 15 years of love. I feel like all I do is talk about her to everybody. I need to vent about her passing but I’m afraid people must think I’m nuts. I just can’t stop talking about her. I wear her birthstone and I sleep with her blanket. I carry her framed 5x7 picture with me everywhere. (I do leave the picture in the car, she just goes everywhere with me) I brought her home to burry her in the backyard so I can visit her. It just hurt so bad. I loved her more than my kids. She was the apple of my eye. I had her since she was a few weeks old and had to make the choice to put her to sleep. I feel physical pain from her passing. It feels like someone is squeezing my insides. I’m thinking about going to a pet psychic to help me grieve. I just don’t know what to do.
Quote 0 0
grievingmama

Losing a pet is devastating. Losing a pet that has been with you for their entire lives, who you raised, taught, changed your daily life to accommodate and then acted as mother, nurse and finally "god" is a very unique experience and very painful grief to move through. I understand, as I recently had to make "the decision" to say good bye to my prince, my little man, my partner of 13 yrs. He was my everything.

What you are feeling and doing is completely normal. You must be gentle with yourself and don't put any energy towards worrying what other people think; this is your time and your right to grieve. I cry a lot, in public and at home. I spend hours looking at pictures and videos, I say good night and good morning to my boy whose urn is next to my bed now. My newest grief symptom is apparently buying photo frames and having pictures developed to go in each room of my home. 

Your right to grieve: 
https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2012/10/a-bill-of-rights-for-grieving-animal.html

Quote 1 0
roseblue1
I am the same as you I found getting through my grief was talking about my boy Monty...in fact all I wanted to talk about him.
I was lucky as my daughter loved Monty our cat as much as me...we were different in the fact that though she really misses him she has turned her grief into remembering all the funny and loving times we had together and I am in the process of doing that...I still get tearful at times though.

Even me replying to you is therapeutic for me as I am writing about him and my feelings...so you talk and come on here as much as you care too as there will always be someone to listen to you and help you through this sad time in your life...and remember Roxy will have not wanted you to feel sad as she loved you and is in your heart and will never leave you.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 1 0