Ashbear
I am so upset and I can't stop crying.. I sob and scream and yell.. I don't know when this feeling will start to fade so I can find a second of peace. I my sweet girl so much.. I wish I had more time with her. I would give anything to save her..
Quote 0 0
Epowell
I'm so sad to read your post, honey. What happened to your sweet baby, Chloe? You are in the midst of the rawest pain you will ever feel. Just let yourself grieve. It's normal and unbearable. We are all in different stages of it. Everyone on this site is going through the same thing and we all understand and support each other. Sending you a big hug.
Quote 0 0
Ashbear
She fell into a broken, almost drained hot tub in my mom's backyard.. She drowned and I couldn't do anything to help her.. I feel like I should have been there. My brother took her out and tried to save her but it was to late.. I haven't stopped crying for 6 hours and I can barely speak or walk at this point.. I'm so broken
Quote 0 0
Epowell
I'm so very sorry. That is tragic and I will say that guilt is something we all feel. It's the one thing we can control (feeling it) during the grieving process. I will say that I have known for years that God ordains our lives and our pets lives from the moment we are born. We all have a "death" date...a specific amount of time of this earth. That is impossible to accept especially when we have such heart connections with our family members and our pets. I stumbled on this article a couple days ago and posted it in a separate thread. It was a good reminder. Your pain is so raw that it may not help you yet, but just give yourself some time to feel your emotions and grieve for your baby.

http://www.sarahpetrunoshamanism.com/blog/9-things-your-deceased-pet-wants-you-to-know
Quote 0 0
Ashbear
Thank you so much! I feel so alone right now. Your kind words have really helped me. I will save the link for a couple days so I can get through it without totally breaking down. I'm still just in shock.. I pray she didn't suffer to long.. :(
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Ash  I am so sorry for this tragic accident.  Of course you are in shock right now.  This was in no way your fault.  Tragic accidents unfortunately happen to our pets a lot.  You have to give yourself more time to get the initial shock, and grief out.  Please come here again. Talking about your loss helps.  We are all here for you to try and help.  Hugs  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Ashbear
Thank you! I feel a lot of support and love already.. I'm just trying hard to get through this first day.. This forum really helps though. The guilt is so overwhelming and replaying it over and over in my head. I hope today is the worst and I can start to heal sometime soon.. Not sure when that will be though :(
Quote 0 0
Snowshoehare
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.Please keep posting and reading here we are all here for you. Such a terrible thing to happen to your sweet baby we are all grieving right along with you, sometimes it helps to know you aren't alone in how you are feeling.
How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold.
Quote 0 0
Ashbear
I feel better knowing people here understand what I'm going through.. I feel like I have to keep this all inside and I can't :( thank you for your kind words
Quote 0 0
TimTam
Sorry you have to go through this pain.xx

Being without you takes a lot of getting used to.
Quote 0 0