donnalee
This was posted on this website months ago by (I think by MagzMom but I can't be sure).  I have kept it and read over it often because it is comforting to me and I think it says it all.  I hope she doesn't mind if I re-post it because I want to share it with people new to the website.   It is written to us from our furbaby's point of view.  I'm not sure who the author is. 

I Haven’t Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh.
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate...

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Donnalee,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem.  It's making my cry right now.  I does bring some comfort too.  Thank you for taking the time to comfort me and others as well.  You are so nice and sweet.  Thank you MagzMom too for originally posting this amazing poem.

xoxo,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
SammysDad
Donnalee

Thank you....I needed that!
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Sherry and SammysDad,
I'm glad you got something out of it, too.   I'll admit, it can still bring tears to my eyes just because the words really touch me.  

I especially love (and need) the line that reminds us:   
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all

On a lighter note, Sammy's Dad - Go Saints!....But hey, the Texans are surprising even me.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

thank you donnalee, I really needed that. I hadnt seen it and its beautiful. Judy

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Donnalee,

That beautiful poem made me think of how I was able to break the news of Tootie's passing to my 5 year old daughter.  She really cried hard when I told her.  It was so hard because she loved Tootie too.  Actually Santa Claus brought my daughter a precious stuffed kitty when she was a year old.  She named her Tootie also.

My daughter had this sweet little sticker of a kitty with angel wings.  I told her that Tootie was a kitty angel now and that she is safe and not hurting anymore. She asked me if I saw the wings come out of Tootie.  And I said no because it was invisible, but I know it happened.  She is up in the sky flying around and watching over us. And that was a soothing balm over my daughter. 

My daughter also found one of those little spin top deals that spins around on the table.  It has a precious picture of a kitty angel on it.  She brought that to me yesterday and I put it in Tootie's special place. 

Speaking of football.  I'm so disappointed in the Cowboys.  I could kick Jerry Jones for his stupidity.  As Howie said, "He built a Field of Dreams...but Jimmy, Troy and Emmit won't be coming out of the corn field."  He won't pay for good players.  Just a token few of them, but they're not enough to carry the load buy themselves.

I never was an Oiler/Texan fan even though I lived in the Houston area for so long.  But they will probably kick the Cowboys butts in a few days.  Yikes!

xoxo,

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
Polly
Thank you donnalee for reposting the poem, I remember it from before. It brought tears then as it did now, but it also brought comfort as well. 

Polly
Quote 0 0
donnalee
That's so beautiful  what Sherry's little girl asked ......if  you saw the wings come out of Tootie.  That's believing!  If we can have that kind of faith, we'll be ok.

P.S. to Sherry - Yeah, sorry about the Cowboys.  I knew you were from the south when I saw you write y'all in a previous post!
Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
Beautiful touching poem.  Thanks for sharing! 

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Thanks Donnalee!  It made me feel better too when my daughter asked me that.  Out of the mouths of babes! 

Yep, I'm a born and bred Texas gal! :) 

xoxo,

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Dear Donnalee,

I have just read your re-post of  "I Haven't Left At All". 

As gentle tears stream down my face, I say thank you a million times-- thank you.  My thanks to the originator of the post also.

I feel as if the words were speaking directly to me. I miss Tuf so much this fall morning.  I know I was meant to read it first thing this morning.

It will go in my book, next to "Tuffy's Candle" poem.  The two seem to go "hand in paw".

This is just another testament to the strength to be found among our  "circle of friends" here at RainBowsBridge.

Love and Blessings,
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
laddy
Thank You for sharing that Beautiful Poem.
Quote 0 0