Junebugbearcub
Right now I'm studying abroad, but I only got here about two weeks ago. Bailey was fine before I left, well not 100% but we were just worried he was having problems getting up and down the stairs. Every time I called my parents and asked how he was doing they said not better but also not worse. Then a few days ago they said things got bad really quickly they told me we needed to put him down and that they were going to do it the next day. It was really hard because I had no time to get adjusted to the news and I had no concept of how quickly he had declined. I was on the phone the whole time we were putting him down so I got to see him one last time but I wanted to pet him so badly. I know he's gone but it's hard to comprehend because I'm not there to see it and I know it's all going to hit me in three months when I open my front door and no one comes running towards me. I'm just having a hard time coping while abroad. Everyone else is here to have fun and try new things, but this loss is making it difficult for me to want to do those things as well. It's hard because I have no privacy to grieve and very little time to grieve as well because we are always on the go. I don't know how to do this without a support system and without having had the chance to hold him one last time.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh my, I am so sorry everything happened this way for you.  There is nothing I can say that will help your loss.  Being there wouldn't have changed anything but I do realize how you feel.  You will most likely never get the chance to do what you are doing right now abroad, with the world in the mess it is in, so DO try to make the most of it.

I was right in the room with MY Molly, but she had a stroke and didn't even recognize me so being right with her I couldn't comfort her either.

Bailey would want you to get the most out this experience.  I know these words are probably not helpful, but doesn't seem like anything helps really right now.  Just take some comfort in that you found this site and you will find the most loving, caring people in the whole world here, so feel free to say whatever you feel.

Sending you hugs and hoping you feel a little better.
janice
Quote 0 0
rlynn91
I'm so sorry for your loss , if you ever need to just vent u have come to the right place pizap.com14523699744241.jpg 
Rhonda robenolt

*Love you always fiona & Mrs kitty 
Quote 0 0
Prayerblue7
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I have a similar situation and reading yours helped me feel like I'm not so alone. We traveled cross country for special event and when we left our pet was fair and getting check up at DVM. She was upset at vet like never before and I didn't want to leave her. We went to the wedding as it was the right thing to do though so so hard seeing dad is gone and his wife getting remarried. Anyway, the day after we arrived I got a call that when they gave sedation she couldn't wake up from it! She was gone. The vet was tearful even-as so unexpected. I am upset that I wasn't there for her! If I could've been there or taken her earlier or asked to hold off treatment til I returned maybe she would be okay. But I know going over these things it mind doesn't help. I asked them to keep her til I came home -they saved her body frozen so coming home I picked her up and it was a comfort to pet her and have her like this (as strange as it sounds) I was able to talk to her and tell her I was so sorry and how much I loved her. She was beautiful as ever. Now it's been a week and there's an empty space where she used to sit atop the bird cage. Then I had her food bowls and the bear animal rug she came with when I got her. It was a comfort to her. I put some of these things out of sight for now. Too hard to look at. Vet bill -really expensive but my husband said it was fine. I still can't believe she is gone. I am not feeling well, so much loss. I have my faith that I will make it through, though feeling much sorrow. I pray for comfort for all on this site. I hope to see our dear friends again. Thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0