Tiffy
I had to put my baby to sleep this morning.  She was 14, blind, deaf, had a blown disc and couldn't walk any longer. 

I am just grieving for her, but I know that she is out of pain and in Heaven with her friend Pepper :) 

I can't quit crying.

Quote 0 0
Vickie
Tiff my heart goes out to you.I know how you feel
my babe had to be put to sleep on the 18th of May.
It was the most terrible thing i have had to do.Josie
was only passing out but vets said they could do nothing.
Your babe was suffering if josie had been like your babe i would
have done what you have.Take each day has it comes.I have good & bad.
Keep coming back on here there is people who will help you.Sorry at the moment i will not be much use.Please remember i will be thinking about you
Luv Vickie
    xxxx
Luv vickie
xxx
Quote 0 0
cyndelacyn
God bless you! You are brave and did the right thing to end her suffering.  I know the loss is staggering.  I lost my baby almost 4 weeks ago. I cry everyday.   
Quote 0 0
Vickie
Hi thamk you for your kind words.The pain does ease but for
me like i saod bad & good days trying so hard to accept but
inconditional love is rare to find.Each one of us have ay least known that
love.I would not have missed one minute of having josie even when she was a bugger.She was so strong willed the place feels empty yet i have her ashes
near me.I hope you find some sort of relief
Luv Vickie
    xxx
Luv vickie
xxx
Quote 0 0
barbie55
Tiffy,
I, too, had to put my baby to sleep this past Tues., and I can't stop crying either.  It's hard to even write this, but I wanted you to know that I know your pain.  Bull was a blessing to me for 13 years.  As a cancer survivor, who lost his left leg and left eye, he was so brave his whole life.

Quote 0 0
Princess
Tiffy, first of all let me say how very sorry I am for your loss.  It is so very hard to have to make the decision for them, I know as I had to make this decision for two of mine this year , but we do know in our hearts that it is part of that special unconditional most pure love we share with our babies.  The ability to be able to help them cross over to a place filled with perfect health and youth always, it is our last act of love to help them.  I know your heart is broken and that is ok too, it is impossible for us to feel the love we feel for our babies and not grieve for them even though in our hearts we know we did the right thing.  I cannot say to you that you won't have terrible days of sadness ( I am having one today) but I can say that you will have days of joy too, with the the lives and the happy times we shared with out babies outway the daily sadness of how we felt when we said goodbye.  Have your cries and grieve it is all a part of your healing but know this that there is nothing stronger than the love we have shared and not even death can take that away. 
Until we see our babies again one day I know that they are watching over us from the stars in the sky, and that golden cord reaches all the way from heaven to us so we may always feel their love.
Hugs
Debbie Princess, Kaizer and Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo

Tiffy, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is such a difficult decision when we choose to free them from their suffering but as is stated in the beautiful message from Princess it is a gift that we are able to give them. Perhaps, even a responsibility, after all they have given to us. I have, over the years, encountered a few situations where, in my opinion, the caregiver of an animal waited too long. I can't say why, maybe it was denial, selfishness, personal beliefs. The situation is unique to everyone. Ideally we would love for all our dear friends to die peacefully in their sleep one day. In a perfect world that may happen but our world is far from perfect. As it is there are times when we owe them that release for all that they have given us and all the courage they have shown. In my relations with animals I have found them to be far more courageous, forgiving, and strong than many humans. We have much to learn from them. In good times and bad. They are our teachers and healers. In time your sadness will turn to the many fond memories of the time you shared with your beloved babies. They are with you always in your heart.  

Quote 0 0