mbg4lsu Show full post »
mbg4lsu
Saturday will be one month since I tearfully said goodbye to my dear girl Maddie.I miss you so much.Everything I do in my daily life is such a reminder of you.For ten and a half years you were as much a part of my life as I am.I am thinking about and missing you with every breath I take.Everyday I was blessed to have you is a good time in my life.I thank you for making me a better person.The thing is Maddie everyday we had together was great.That is a lot to miss.There is not one second we were together that I didnt love and enjoy your frienship.I am so sorry I could not heal you.I feel so guilty.I look forward to the day I see you again.We will always be together in my heart.
mbg
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
I am so sorry about your loss with Maddie. I also had a Lab mix named Coco who was 10 years old. She was diagnosed with bone cancer this past November. Three weeks later I had to let her go on December 7th. I really feel your heartbreak.  They are so special to us! It sounds like she had a wonderful life and that you did everything possible for her. I went through a lot of guilt myself. Yet we cannot control everything and you put her first up until the very end. She knows that! Thank-you for sharing, may you continue to find peace, comfort and healing in the coming days,................Sincerely, Andrea.
Quote 0 0
mbg4lsu
Thank you Andrea for your kind words.I miss my girl.I also understand and feel for everyone who is going through this.Our bonds with our babies are pure love.It is so strong.It is pure loyalty and love.
mbg
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Tears stream down my face when I read your posts about your Maddie.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Dali four months ago...yet it seems like today.  We are all going through the same grief and mourning the loss of our angels.  It seems so unreal and I seem to stay in a fog most of the time.  It saddens me that others have to go through the same grief, yet I know none of us would change one minute of the love we had with our precious animals.  We sill see them again.  Our angels send us signs and we have to look for them.  Since my girl left, I have learned so much about that unconditional love, life, death, and myself.  They take care of us, we just think it is the other way around. Take care of yourself...you are right, it is pure love.
Hugs to you and your Maddie from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
shantismom
Today I saw a story about someone who posted a picture holding his dog who was dying, saying what a heartbreak it is, but also saying how his dog was worth the pain.  With tears in my eyes I think of my Shanti and how the heartache continues but how very much he was worth it.
Right now Sable is having some issues, she has two conditions, the medicine she takes for the one can trigger the other.  She hates to be medicated and will avoid us when she thinks we might dose her.  But because she loves to be petted and fussed over she becomes depressed when she can't be close.  Her fear keeps her away.  
Last night she was crying and I got up to see if I could help her.  I was reminded of how many nights I checked on Shanti and in the middle of the night I just had that wave of grief.
I pray each day for those who are grieving.  So many heartbroken people.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
mbg4lsu
Thank you for everyone who has taken the time to read or respond to my posts.I believe any gift we are given in this earth that makes us better and happier is definately a blessing from God.My friend Maddie is definately a blessing in my life.My other two dogs and cat are also a blessing to me and you can tell they miss Maddie.I force myself to keep their lives the same.Maddie was the oldest and the leader.She got up anywhere from 4 or 5 in the morning to eat.They got up with her.Now they eat at 8 or nine.They are okay sleeping in.I sure do miss the early feedings.Everthing is so different.I have been taught that Heaven is beyond anything we can comprehend.We will be totally happy.That reassures me I will be reunited with my dear friend Maddie.I miss you girl and look forward to seeing you again.
mbg
Quote 0 0
mbg4lsu
It is five weeks today since we said goodbye to our precious Maddie.I miss her so much.When you spend all of your home time with them as a vital part it is a most painfull void when we lose our babies.You cant put a limit on love enleast I cant.I miss everthing about my Maddie and look forward to seeing her again.Maddie you are always in my thoughts and heart.I will always miss you and be forever thankful of the years we had together on this earth.I am a better person because of you.
mbg
Quote 0 0
mbg4lsu
Maddie it is now eight weeks since I tearfully said goodbye.Not a day goes by that I dont think about and miss you.I am really working on not feeling guilty for your illness.You were and still are a focal point of my life and I love you with all I have.I guess as humans we will always feel like we let our babies down when yall needed us most.In my heart though I am starting to believe you know I did the best I could for you and always tried to make your life as happy and full as I could.The love I have for you I know you felt and I believe you still feel it.I can tell you this Maddie no day today is as good as when you were with us but in the same breath I know I am a better person for the ten years we had together.I will always love you and you will always be my baby girl.I feel your presence and yearn to see you again.In my heart I know this day will come.I am happy you are not in pain anymore and I am thankfull you shared your life with us.You are truley one of Gods gifts.You are in my heart forever and one day we will all be together again.Ilove you always Maddie girl.
mbg
Quote 0 0