Katypoo

I'm so lost and grieving for my sweet Katie.  When I got up this morning,the house was so empty, and out my kitchen window, I saw my Katie's grave.  I miss her so much. I know that unless you've experienced this before, you don't understand how much we love our pets.  My brother gave me this web site, which I'm so thankful for.  I've been reading posts from others, and from what I've read, its comforting to be able to share my feelings with others that know how you feel.  Right now, I'm so numb to it all, its very hard to put into words.  Thanks for listening.

Quote 0 0
AliciaTX
I am so sorry for your loss.  I completely understand how you feel, though, as I can look out my bedroom window and see my Missy's grave.  In the spring, I am going to plant a flowerbed there so she will always have pretty flowers around her.  I am also going to engrave a granite piece with her picture and the Rainbow Bridge poem and place it out there for her.  Well, I guess it's sort of for me, so I have a nice place to sit and think of her.  I don't have any advice on how to get through this, I am floundering in my grief at this time as well and am not sure how to go on.  I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope it will hurt less as time goes on.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I am so sorry for both of your losses. I do understand gow empty and alone it feels, and how much it hurts. I planted flowers for Maddie, and also a beautiful cherry blossom tree, and everytime I look at it it fills my heart with the warmth of her love. It does help. Maybe when you are able, you can tell us about Katy. my prayers are with you. Judy

Quote 0 0
moonglow
I so sorry for your loss of Katie. It hurts so much to lose such a wonderful friend. I know as I am grieving for my beloved cat Archie who passed 12/13/10. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless,
Kim
I love you my dearest and sweetest little boy "Archie"
I'll be there my little soft baby!
10/27/00 - 12/13/10
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Yes, the emptiness of the house when you come home, the absence of their greeting can be overwhelming.  I am so very sorry for your loss of sweet Katiepoo. I understand the thoughts and feelings are just swimming in your head and it is difficult to put those thoughts into words sometimes.  Just know we are here for you and we understand what you are going through.  
When Alicia said she is sometimes not sure how to go on so she just puts one foot in front of the other....It reminds me how, in those early months, I often thought of the country-western song that says "Breathe in, breathe out, put one foot in front of the other".  That was honestly my mantra many days....I just pushed through each moment somehow.  Then, the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn into months and you don't even know how you got through it, but somehow you did. 
My heart is also with you Kim (Archie) and  Alicia (Missy) also for your recent losses.  I know it hurts and I think it is wonderful you are taking the time to reach out to others in your own time of grief.  I believe it will help you as well.   
Quote 0 0
cookie8

I am sorry for the loss of sweet katiepoo.  We all understand numb too well.  I think it's interesting how many of us women put our beloved pets graves where we can see them from the kitchen window!  All my pets are cremated but I always put a grave marker stone with something inspiring engraved on it and then decorate it for the seasons and put candles on special dates as a token of rememberance.  You will get great comfort from this in time.  Right now I know how much it hurts to see it though.  Your heart will heal because I know our pets helps us through it in ways we don't even understand.  Take care and I am thinking of you.

Quote 0 0
anastasiacat
I'm so sorry you lost Katie. I understand all too well that empty-house feeling, and how different the energy feels because one's beloved friend isn't there any more. thinking of you.
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Hi there. I wanted to say how sorry I was for your loss and also that I am sorry you are experiencing this horrible grief. The love we have for our pets is truly special and something we have to be grateful for, that we have shared such a bond. I understand what you mean when you say it is hard to put into words - the grief is so immense, so intense that it is hard to find words in the English language that can actually encapsulate what you are feeling. Please know that I am thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0