Forum

Author   Comment  
MelissaB

Reply with quote  #1 

I haven't even had time to accept that Bubbie is gone and I find out today that my beautiful 16 year old Calico Fritzi has cancer.  I feel like me heart has been ripped out of my chest all over again.  What did I do to deserve this?  I don't know what I am going to do if I lose her too.  Did I overlook her sickness because of all that it took to keep Bubbie well?  She doesn't act sick.  She plays like a kitten at 16!  She has had mammary tumors and they have spread to one of her lungs.  Please help me pray that God will have mercy and heal her!  I don't think I can handle having to go through losing her too.  It hasn't even been a week since I said goodbye to Bubbie.  I can't even think straight right now. 

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear this. 

What did you do to deserve this?  Nothing.  It's Fritzi's turn to be the recipient of your TLC for as much time as you have together now.  From now on, the fact that each day is a blessing must be at the forefront of your mind. At 16 years old, Fritzi is the equivalent of a human who is about 81 (that's for 16 years even).  For each additional month of Firtzi's life, add about 4 months of human equivalent.  In other words, Fritzi has had a wonderful life, but we all know that no matter how long they're with us, it is never long enough.

My heart is aching for you now, and I am hoping and praying that you will have as much time as possible with your beautiful Fritzi.  Sometimes they can alarm us with how long they can survive such a devastating diagnosis.

You, Bubbie & Firtzi's Daddy and Fritzi are in my thoughts and prayers, and I've sent a message to to my Rainbow Angels to help Bubbie watch over you now. 

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
reovi

Reply with quote  #3 
I'm so so sorry to hear your news about Fritzi.  Her illness is not your fault and she would have had the same thing happen regardless if you had been watching her like a hawk or not-your tending to Bubbie was not at fault.  Animals have a way of keeping all the bad from us until they can't stand it anymore, but chances are Fritzi isn't in any pain right now, from what you have described.  I'm sure Fritzi is trying to comfort you at this time, so give her hugs and pets and just treasure your time together everyday!  I wish you peace.
Barbara13

Reply with quote  #4 
MelissaB I am sorry to hear this about Fritzi..I would like to send a message to you privately but don't see how to do it.. ? I will look again..
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.