MarleyMoo
It has been three days since MooMoo passed on. I know that I did everything I could for him, and I know that I did the right thing letting him go at home with the help of a vet when I did. I also knew he was terminal for 9 months.

My partner and my family are very supportive, but they also seem to think that this should be easier because I knew it was coming for so long and I’ve been so broken and stressed these last months. So on edge. Dedicating all of myself to him. But that’s the thing...I dug my heels in 9 months ago and didn’t let go.

I was always attached and wanted to give him the world, but I became his nurse, too. He shaped my days completely.

It’s like I have empty nest syndrome, except he was sick, and now I never get to see him again💔

I was so worried for so long...yet still hopeful that if I kept giving him medicine, supplements, watching his bowels and offering him food/water all the time he’d make yet another comeback. Finally, he didn’t, and I knew what I had to do.

Now without him I feel so completely empty. No food entices me, no activity I used to love interests me, I can’t focus on my work, can’t be a supportive and present partner to my fiancé...all I want to do is be alone, cry, and be with my baby. 😞💔

I don’t know what to do with myself anymore.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s totally normal to feel this way. It’s hard I know. My Lily passed 3 months ago and I’m struggling. Hubby has moved on. I can’t get past it. No kids and home with my girl 24/7. I feel I have no purpose. I am not motivated at all. I’m a crafter and can’t get motivated to create anything. Just daily tasks are hard. They say it gets better, so give yourself time. I’ve lost another dog before Lily. But seemed like I didn’t take it as bad and within 3 months I got Lily. This time is different sadly.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
MarleyMoo I feel your pain.  I just lost the love of my life, Cody last Saturday.  He had been battling different medical issues since April of last year until a brain tumor finally took him.  Lots of vet bills, medications, not wanting to leave him the last 3 months for fear he'd have a seizure, trips to the ER, crying when he had to stay and they didn't know if they could stop the seizures.  Joy when he would be able to come back home and then utter despair when the seizures happened again and the pain when they said that there was nothing more they could do for him.  I am broken.  BoxerMomForever  l am a crafter too.  Missed all of the holiday shows so I could stay home with my boy but I wouldn't have done anything different.  I am unmotivated as well and cry on and off.  My husband just brought home Cody's ashes today which sent me into another tailspin.  God I just want him back again.  God help us all.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
EmiliexBelle
I’m so sorry for your loss of Marley. It’s truly the worst feeling losing your soulmate. I lost my cat Belle 2 days ago that I had for 15 years and it has absolutely devastated me. I relate to you so much on feeling empty and having no interest in things. The pictures you posted of Marley reminded me of my own cat and made me smile. Here’s to hoping things get better for you soon and just know that you gave him the greatest possible life and he will be with you forever
Quote 0 0