Sassygirl1
Hi , my name is Denise and I am still coming to grips with the loss of my beloved Rottweiler Sassy , she passed away so unexpectedly on Tues 15/03/2011

Sassy was my beautiful girl, just recently in the last 6mths she had undergone 2 surgeries for a ruptured cruciate ligament in her rear right leg, she was well on her way to a full recovery, she had lost 10kgs along the well to help with her recovery

I had the pleasure on the weekend of finally having her be able to come upstairs with again after 6mths to sleep with me again, it was fantastic I felt so complete and thought we had reached a new point in our lives, I also saw such a happiness within her too from being back upstairs with me

I was on my way to work when I went down into my mum's place she lives downstairs in a granny flat getting ready to take sassy for her wee walk and then feed her before I left for work, my mum said that she was still sleeping and that she would feed her when she woke up, I almost left and went to work but it seemed strange that didn't move or get up or do something upon hearing my voice like she normally did , something just seemed off so I went in to give her a kiss and found that she had passed away sometime during the early morning

I was devasted and couldn't believe it, mum came racing through and said that Sassy had put her head and paw on mum's bed at around 2am

I'm absolutely devasted and having trouble sleeping since her passing, I can't understand what happened and neither can the vets that were caring for her

I thought about having an autospy to find out the cause , but it won't bring her back to me, so I decided to just leave her be and have had arrangements for her to be cremated so she will always be with me and I can also scatter some of her ashes at one of her favourite places we used to go over her lifetime !!!
Quote 0 0
creampuff

Denise, I am so sorry for your loss.  When our little furry soulmates leave us suddenly and unexpectedly, it's devastating.  My little orange tabby cat, Bubba Lou, seemed so healthy for so long, then had a sudden seizure and passed away in my arms within seconds.  Now that a few weeks have passed, I am beginning to understand that it was a blessing to have had it happen at home, and not some vet's office.  I was with him and he wasn't afraid.  Sassy passed away at home as well, and I believe she was peacefully sleeping and drifted away to a beautiful place.  I know and understand the grief you are feeling now.  We have to know that our fur babies are well and happy in some beautiful meadow, and that we will see them again someday.  For me, it has gotten a little easier as time has passed.  You have come to the right place, for we are all here for you, we all share the same grief.  Blessings and comfort to you.  Jane

Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Sassygirl1,

I looked at the picture and let me say that Sassy is beautiful! I love Rotties. I think they are magnificent animals. So full of strength, yet their heart is gentle.

When we lose our babies so suddenly, it doesn't seem fair....does it? We didn't get a chance to say good-bye, to tell them how much we love them, etc. Most of all, we aren't prepared. I lost my baby very quickly and I felt cheated because I didn't want his life to end like that. I wanted to make his last days special and to spend time with him. It didn't turn out that way. I'm going to be honest....I was angry, hurt, devastated and an emotional wreck.

Who knows why she left the way she did? Maybe because of your bond together, it would have been more difficult for her to leave her body if she was near you. Perhaps she was telling your mum it was time to go and to tell you good-bye. But what a blessing for her to be in a place and around people who loved her so much to begin her journey to the bridge.

Life will not be the same from this point on. Will you be happy again? Yes. Will you smile again? Yes. Will you be able to function and get on with life? Sure. Except....there will always be a part of your life and heart that is Sassy's and that will never change. Never. You are beginning a journey of learning to live without her physical presence with you. It is a time of adjustment and it is different for everyone. Some adjust sooner, others take longer. But nothing can change the fact that Sassy is still with you in spirit and in your heart.

These first few days to weeks are going to be difficult. You will experience a roller coaster of emotions. But please know that we are here for you, we understand how you feel and will be with you every step of the way.
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
Denise,
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Sassy. The sudden loss can be devastating and it was for me. The first weeks are just awful.  I too lost sleep. I had no appetite. The pain felt unending.  You will find much understanding here. I hope that coming here eases some of your pain. If only just a little.
 How long had you lived with Sassy? Tell us about her if it helps. Many will be here for you. I don't know what I would have done without their wisdom and support. May you find some peace in this day.
                                                                                                                 Patty
Quote 0 0
marty

Denise, I am so sorry----I don't have any words that will make you fill better but I'm here always If you want to talk.    I had an red chow six years ago that I had taken to the doctors on an sat. morning and she appeared to be fine after they had gave her meds.   Sat. night I let her out at about 1a.m.  Again she was fine or so I thought.  At 4:00a.m. I went to check on her and she had passed!!  It happens and what do you do but second guess your-self.   I wish you peace and lots of hugs.  Marty

Quote 0 0
Sassygirl1
Thank you to everyone for your kind loving thoughts and words about the sad loss of my beautiful Rottie Sassy , I'm still trying to come to terms with everything.

I was so fortunate to have Sassy for 8 glorious years of her life enriching mine completely, my mum brought her home as a present for me when she was only 4 weeks old she was so tiny, but from the first moment I saw her I fell completely in love with her and her with me. Her name came about from the first hour of the first day that she was at home with me, when my mum got her out of the car Sassy came racing over to me cuddled me , licked me all over then just dropped onto her belly and lay there and wouldn't move, when I called her for the first time by the name of Sasha, she just looked me and ignored me , a friend was with me and said well isn't she just the sassy one then !! So I called her again, this time by Sassy and she came right over to me and cuddled up in my arms
Quote 0 0