ImissSherby
My dog Sherby has been gone since August 6th. I have had good days and bad days missing him. I just feel so lonely without him for so long. I ache to have one more moment to pet him and tell him I love him. Other people here talk about visitations and such, but that has not happened for me. He is just gone. In a way, I like the thought that he is safely in doggie heaven, but at the same time I am just so empty. I moved his things into a memory box. It has his bed, blanket, favorite toys, and his leash. It broke my heart to do it, but I felt it was a step toward trying to get better. I just miss him so terribly.
If love alone could have kept your here, you would have been here forever.
Quote 0 0
Katel
I understand how you feel,   I don't think there's anything lonelier than grief in my own opinion.
The days go on,   we wake up perhaps from sweet dreams and then reality hits that our
beloved is no longer there and the day has to be faced. .  Sherby was such a sweet dog and of course has left a huge hole in your heart.  Sending you healing thoughts,
Blessings,
Kate
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I know how you feel it's been a little over a week and half and I'm still crying over losing Milo. I can't stop missing him, I finally was able to call the vet and let them know that my baby is gone. It wasn't easy, and I still don't have the strength to put his stuff away. I feel so empty and so sad I just don't know if I'll ever get over losing him.
Quote 0 0
patent123
I to wish I would get a little visitation from my friend like others have experienced...at least one where I can with certainty that was her spirit sending me a message! I am starting to realize I have perhaps gotten MANY visits from her.  Look at the little things do you have a memory that suddenly pops into your head and makes you smile or laugh? I bet thats Sherby reminding you of the good times.  Last night I saw a painting that really hit home and made me think of my Fairchild.  "In order to truly love something you have to know it can be lost." Your grief you feel although so sad it shows just how much you loved Sherby.  I know he misses you as well because you two completed each others puzzle.  Although your missing that most needed piece just know Sherby is keeping it safe with him.  When the time is right you will meet again and everything will once again be whole.  

I hope you find some comfort soon.
Quote 0 0
Billysmummy
I think everyone here understands that great feeling of loss and longing. The weekends and evenings are always the hardest I find. I long to hold him and miss him so much. I haven't yet dreamt of Billy properly but I have to believe he is still here and watching over me.
I know what you mean when you say he is just gone, but just because you cannot see Sherby, doesn't mean he isn't around or in your heart. I like to think billy has sent me signs like the butterfly that flew out the closed waste bin in the kitchen and the warm breeze on my face as I sit and cry in the garden. These are all things that you have to believe.
Sherby is with you and he is safe and happy and watching over you.
Hugs x
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
Thank you, guys. I have such profoundly low moments and then can be ok for awhile and then go back into mourning mode. Life has become quite the emotional roller coaster. It is so helpful to be able to come here for support.
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
I'm the same way with the loneliness.  I have a husband, kids, and other pets but Charlie and I were so close.  Everything at home feels "wrong" without him here and I am forced to change my routines and habits because he's not here to be a part of them.  I too have my good times and bad.  I'm hoping to have more good times and I know I will.  Its just the process of getting to those good times that is the hard part.

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you get that visit or sign soon.

hugs,
Tammy
Quote 0 0
ImissSherby
Thank you Tammy, I hope the same for you.
Quote 0 0