loveme3
Hi, 3 days ago I had to let the love of my life go. Elvis was my earth angel who saved me at a terrible time in my life. I tried so hard to help him but was unable to save him. I feel so sick inside and lost. I was never able to feel a deep love from people but somehow with Elvis I knew he loved me like I loved him. He was always near me and so in tune with me and how I was feeling. I could look at him and feel what he wanted. He slept with me and would let me kiss him and cuddle him at any time during the night. I loved him so much and miss him so terribly. It's just my son and I we thankfully have another dog who is 1yr old we've had her for 6 months. Bella is my sons baby. I love her but she is not Elvis and I don't want to take her away from my son. I loved Elvis more then most people in my life. He was so sweet and good but he had a problem that he was always in fear and worried about everything. He started biting the family without warning. He was a little scary with Bella our other dog. It was all his fears in his head. I know now that he is at peace finally and I let him go with love while in my arms. It was so horrible going threw that and every time the flash backs come. Elvis was so special I was so lucky to have him. My heart is so broken again. First after my husband and now my Elvis, I'm not sure how I will get threw this. I'm greatful to everyone letting me vent my story.  I hope for everyone that there able to find peace and love in their lifes. Lori
lori
Quote 0 0
mellor87
i am so sorry for your loss, i too love my babies more than alot of my family members as i am with them and see them alot more and regard them as my daughters. i lost my baby in February and sometimes wonder if getting another cat will help but i really don't want to go through that pain again. Although all the years and happiness i had with my baby was worth the pain, i would do it all again for her. just remember to take care of yourself as your Elvis would want you to.
Snowflake - You came, You Purred, You Conquered Our Hearts. Love You and Miss You Always
Quote 0 0
Sparrow99
Hi Lori, 
Thank you for sharing your story about Elvis...it sounds as if he captured your heart and you captured his....I understand how deep your sorrow goes...that the void that is left feels like it's infinite and will never end......but I've come to realize that is the same as the love...it is also infinite and will never end!! So I am trying to stay inside the space that is all the love I shared with Finn...because that's where my sweetest baby boy is....in the infinite love....not in the sorrow....and nothing or no one can ever take that purity of love we shared away from us! 

Peace to you Lori, 
Sparrow 
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Elvis.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Love is Love and Grief is Grief- there is no difference.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -
LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please come back and post some pictures so we can get to know him through you.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads from the first page you will see yourself.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

You Are In My Thoughts.

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for the loss of Elvis
My thoughts are with you at this time
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0