Forum

Author   Comment  
p_im

Reply with quote  #1 
I am so very upset that I need to share it. And I registered with this site today because right now I am inconsolable...
There is a huge tree in front of my apartment, and there're many birds whom I feed everyday. There's a small birdlet that I feed....it's very naughty, fat, n fearless-everyday it would come to my window at 6.30 AM sharp for food. It's too cute...I called the birdlet Motu. And I am very fond of it.

Yesterday morning it came too...my window was closed, and I gently opened it to give it food on the window ledge (dat's where I feed the birds). I saw it roll down the window ledge-I didn't understand in my sleep. And when it didn't come the whole day and I panicked, fearing the worst. Today I saw it lying dead on the ground-it's too painful. I know I opened the window gently, I do it everyday...but I don't know what happened that it died...I don't know how the window hit it...I was careful n opened it gently...
I am just so upset....it's killing me...I haven't stopped crying since morning...
I just can't bear it...it's NOT ABOUT ME...it's all about Motu...Motu was so young, trusting, friendly...it was so hungry when it came for food...I don't know why I woke up to give it food...I should have been in bed, and it would have been hungry for a while, but alive today...it didn't need to die like that...and I am so sorry...I can only hope that the death was quick and sudden, and not long-drawn and painful...nothing that I can do will make Motu come back...and this is the most painful part...I am so sorry, I don't know what to do.
I hope Motu's soul rests in peace....please pray for Motu....
donnalee

Reply with quote  #2 

That is such a sad story!  You are a very caring person.  It seems like maybe something else happened that you don't know about or maybe the bird was very weak.  It doesn't seem that just gently opening the window would have caused Motu's death.  Your intentions were good.  Maybe Motu actually lived longer because of the care you showed him.  Most birds live without ever receiving love or care from a human so Motu was very lucky to know you.  I hope the guilt will pass because I don't think this was your fault. 
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #3 
Oh, you poor thing!  I'm so sorry to hear that Motu has gone to the Rainbow Bridge, but try to picture him flying, strong and free, among the angels. 

I agree with donnalee that it sounds like something else happened to Motu before you even opened the window.Perhaps he (or she?) knew that the end was coming, and stopped by your window to say goodbye and then just couldn't hold on long enough for the two of you to visit one last time.  Motu was already weak for some unknown reason.  You did nothing to cause what happened.  I hope that in the coming days you will find little signs from Motu ~ a feather-soft touch upon your cheek, or the sound of wings fluttering, strong and steady nearby.  Bless you for caring for him.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
p_im

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Susie_Squillions and donnalee....

Your words were very comforting...and I am glad I joined this forum...so many of my pets (dogs, cats, birds, squirrels) have gone to the rainbow bridge over the years...healing is always very difficult...but thanks for your gentle, comforting words...I feel slightly better...and I am also quoting what a friend of mine wrote to me today. Even she’s lost some pets over the years...hope her words may console others as well..

“Probably something more painful was destined for him (Motu) and god meant u to reduce the pain. My mom says that the animals we feed and care for, they take our sorrows and pains. So when one of my strays would die she always consoled that they took away something bad which was to come on us. Or their instant death healed some painful and slow death mean...may be god wanted to give him a quick death considering ur love and affection... I am sure he is safe at the rainbow bridge with Paglu (her dog who passed away two weeks back) and others, FLying away and the dogs chasing him... Dont feel bad... Be happy that he went to a better place now...”

Thank again donnalee and Susie_Squillions  ....

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #5 
P_im ~

I love your mom's outlook.  I've often seen things from that side of the coin too, and it make perfect sense to me.  Still, it's natural for us to grieve when we lose someone we care about.  I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.

I tries to reply to your private message but I go a notice that said you have your private messages blocked.  I just want you to know that I'm glad you're feeling better today.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
damselfly1213

Reply with quote  #6 

So sorry for this loss... Sometimes birds are injured flying into windows, then appear to revive and be OK, but actually, they have internal injuries and die a day later. Something like that may have happened to Motu...if he slid down the building like that, he was probably weak already...he had just come to his familiar place for food and rest. Please don't blame yourself. You were kind and generous to him. Unfortunately, many, many birds don't make it through their first year, for various reasons. Blessings-

p_im

Reply with quote  #7 

damselfly1213, thank you for your kind words of support I have been mostly a mommy of dogs and cats. .... I didn’t know this about birds. Thanks for sharing the information-it gives some sense to what may have happened to Motu. I have been going mad thinking about how it could have happened, replaying the scene in my mind over and over again, opening the window  to see how I did it...and still it’s not making sense...I hope Motu is happy and healthy in the garden. Thanks for such support

Susie_Squillions, thanks for your message and support...

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.