Forum

Author   Comment  
Daryle

Reply with quote  #1 

This is what I was going to post Thursday, September 20th, but my IP was blocked on the forum by mistake.

So far, I believe today was hardest/worst day of my life. My little girl (who passed away November 2016) got out one night before she was fixed. She partied with a Mastiff that my neighbor had. About 2 months later, at 8p.m. October 13th 2006 I helped deliver 2 beautiful baby boys and a baby girl. We obviously kept them for a little while until they were walking, healthy, and ready for a new home. We found all 3 of them very good homes. Of course I played with all 3 of them every night. The first two we gave to their new families the pups were excited, playful, and tails wagging. When I met the 3rd family, I went to hand them this little brown and white cutie pie. Expecting the same reaction as the other, I was teary eyed as this little guy started literally screaming. He immediately stopped as soon as he was back in my arms. From that day until a couple hours ago we were inseparable. I hated being away from him and he hated being away from me. He was literally my shadow. I couldn't go anywhere in or outside my house without him 1 foot behind or next to me because he couldn't stand for me to be out of his sight. I know a lot of people say their dogs were the perfect dog. I honestly didn't look at him as a dog because he never acted like one. He didn't bark, you could leave food on the table and walk away and it would still be there when you got back. The only time he would bark, howl, or cry is when he was away from me. For 12 years he was my rock, my best friend, my angel on earth. I have had other animals that I loved a lot, but I really looked at Ace as a son. I took him to the vet on Friday September 14th because the night before he was acting like his back leg was hurting him and his hip was really swollen. Turns out it was a tumor and bone cancer. They put him on pain meds and I had another week with my baby boy. A day or so ago I noticed the pain medicine really wasn't working that well. By the time I got him to the vet today my baby was in a lot of pain. I laid on the floor kissing and loving on him. Telling him what a good boy he was and thanking him for 12 years of unconditional love and support. I have been through several losses in those 12 years and he was the only constant that was always there with unconditional love. I was literally with my little boy from his first breath to his last, which most people don't get to say that. It is killing me because he never lost his "spark". He was eating, drinking, tail wagging, smiling at me.. I am torn apart because I can't help but wonder if I should have tried different pain meds or something. My baby was so healthy except for his back femur near his hip. I can't go an hour without crying. So now, I notice on my other baby, that was a rescue, that is still alive (8yo) his bag leg is starting to swell in the same place, no pain yet. How could both of my boys get cancer in the same spot???? I will take him to the vet next week because I can't bear hearing the same news again this soon. I feel like my heart is just going to rupture any day. Has anyone on here maybe tried the Canna-Pet or something like it? I absolutely do not know what to do. These two boys are my angels and I may be sending my last baby to the bridge in a couple months. 

In pic, the brown and white beauty is my Ace that just passed and the solid brown one is Duke who now has what appears to be the same thing Ace had. 

Enjoy your free time my baby Ace! Because when I see you again one day, you are never leaving my arms!  (This pic was my last day with my baby)
42147816_1978127322266188_5192267023052177408_n.jpg 
20171016_233058.jpg 

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #2 
Daryle I’m so sorry. I can empathize with much of what you say. I look forward to the day I never let go off her again as well.
Ace is handsome for sure🐾 Prayers for your other boys leg to be nothing serious, many hugs,,,,,

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Tankie! It has been 8 days and it still feels like half my heart has been removed. I can't help but wonder what God was thinking when he made these babies that bring so much love into our lives have such short lives themselves. I will just be happy when I can think about my boy and smile instead of cry. Right now it doesn't feel like that day is ever going to get here. 
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #4 
Daryle check your private messages🐾,,,,,

Reply with quote  #5 
Daryle,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your handsome boy Ace, Wow. What an amazingly touching story of love and friendship between you and your baby. I'm sorry to hear about the news regarding your other boy. So tragic and so strange that he would have the same thing happening as Ace. My heart just goes out to you.

You did everything you could for him.  Bone cancer is difficult to treat and very painful from what my vet explained to me. Various pain medications tend to have the side effect of making them very drowsy or even delirious, so the choice is difficult to make when we want to ease their pain. Just relish the time you still have together and make him as comfortable and as happy as possible.

I had used CBD oil towards the end of Millie's life and my neighbor has been using CBD oil for her senior shepherd with cancer on her foot and it has helped her. Millie was already so sick that getting her to eat was becoming difficult. The smell was very strong and she hated it, so we didn't use it for very long, but my holistic vet had recommended this particular brand to me because of the extensive scientific research done and for their focus on purity. Their study focused on mobility in larger dogs, but one of the partners is using it on his own dog for other cancers.

The specific oil I used was strictly hemp oil with very low THC. My neighbor uses one with 25% THC content. Her dog is also anxious so she preferred the calming effect of THC. I live in California where it's legal. I'm not sure how other states treat CBD oil. I  had lots of questions and talking to them directly was very very informative and comforting. 
https://ellevetsciences.com/collections/mobility-oils

This is another brand I have run across. I don't know much about it. It is far cheaper, but I stuck with the one I knew was veterinary tested. 
https://market.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/products/cbd-oil-200-mg?utm_source=recently&utm_medium=referral

Once I received Millie's stage 5 lymphoma diagnosis I added more salmon oil, Vit C, probiotics, immunity mushroom tincture and a few other herbs to help cleanse her liver while she was on steroids. I completely removed all starchy carbs (potatoes, rice, peas) and sugars (fruits) from her diet and kept her on high proteins with vegetables. I myself am on a similar diet, so I just cooked for both of us, but also kept Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw food on hand.

If I had known sooner that she was sick I believe with the diet and supplements we could have been together longer. She showed no symptoms until it was too late.

Sorry if I bombarded you with so much information, but I would love for you to have even a day more with your furry buddy. I did anything and everything I possibly could for all of my dogs. With my very 1st  very young dog ( 2 years old) vets were at a loss as to what was going on with her and told me there was nothing else they could do for her. I would probably need to consider putting her down. That just pissed me off, so I ended up doing lots of research and found vets that would work with me to try things out. She lived to 11 (90lb rotti shar pei). So try different things because you have nothing to lose and much to gain. 

Sending strength and (((hugs)))

Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
CKMP

Reply with quote  #6 
Daryle,
There are not words to express the heartfelt sorrow felt for your loss your faithful boy Ace ...and for the diagnosis that has come for your other boy Duke.  These are such difficult days fraught with the wildest swings of emotions from gratitude to guilt and everything in between always smothered in incredible love for your two so special fur ones.
I wish for you that each day with Duke is filled with those so ordinary, special moments and that your heart feels the tug of your Ace clearly and strongly throughout the day.  
Daryle

Reply with quote  #7 
Oh wow Milie18. Thank you so much for all the information! I really really appreciate it. I am in the process of finding out what, if anything, I can get here. I want to get Duke on something before the pain starts. This is horrible because I am still grieving over my baby, but now I'm consumed with having to help my other boy. I feel like I'm being ripped in two!

CKMP.. thank you so much for the wonderful words! I really appreciate it! Ace tugs at my heart 24/7. It's a cruel joke that these babies have such short lives.

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #8 
Daryle hopefully the Vet, when u see him will have positive information. I pray it’s an abscess or a fatty tumor. You’ll no better after he’s seen. Diana, Millie’s Mom is a wealth of information she has experience and knowledge and very open to help in anyway she can,,,,,

Reply with quote  #9 
Daryle,

I hope you can find out what you can do for Duke. You're in an impossible position needing to be clear minded and focused on Duke's wellness, yet you are still recovering from the loss of your Ace. That's just completely crazy. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

What helped me deal with Millie's shocking diagnosis was to research the disease and gain as much knowledge as I could. Aside from helping her it also empowered me where I didn't feel entirely helpless. Natural treatments and supplements that can enhance the veterinary treatments. Keeping their immune system high functioning in addition to his pain management will be very important. There are so many sites online with people who have been using various treatments and have had success. One just needs to watch the hidden sales pitches and snake oil sites disguised as real people. I did accumulate considerable info that I can fall back on in the future.

I hope you have been able to spend lots of time with Duke this weekend. Sending serenity.

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.