ukgtrotter2k
Hello all i am new here, my cat "Salem" had to be put to sleep yesterday after 8 years of him being my best buddy and before we took him to the vet i said to him they was going to make him better as he looked at me for the last time in the room we shared together.

I noticed he stopped eating his food last Saturday but was only drinking his water and thought he needed worming witch i did but it got worse and thought he had a cold and then Tuesday came when he felt really thin and asked my parents to ring the vets "PDSA" as i could not register him under my name as i was a volunteer for the PDSA retail shop and i also claim Job seekers as i am unemployed at the moment but they was adiment he just had a cold so i went online to look up his symptoms, i tried to tell them he had to go to the vets but they just ignored me and kept playing the "He's picked some thing up" card to me and then came Saturday 15/6/13 when my mam finally rang PDSA for him to go. the vet was very polite and checked him and then the words i did not want to hear came out her mouth as he had a tumor in his kidney and had to be put to sleep and i just broke down in tears as i was loosing my best friend, my mam left the room but i stayed with him stroking his head till he past away.

I feel guilty cause i never brought him back home even tho i know he's not in pain any more.
Salem 5/5/05 - 15/6/13
Quote 0 0
Ginad
Don't feel bad, I just lost my little girl after nearly 17 years.  I hope this poem makes you feel better.
FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND
You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.
But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.
So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.
The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.
That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.
Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.
You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.
So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.
Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.
And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.
I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.
Gina
Quote 0 0
firelace
Gosh I am so sorry about your loss. Poor baby. Nothing I can say will make you feel better right now and it is alright if you feel guilty, You have the right to your feelings. All of them. I feel quilty for other reasons. Leaving my baby at the Vets the last night where she passed away without us there. But there is nothing we can do but work through those feelings of guilt.  Although I insisted on bringing her body home to bury and did, It doesn't ease my guilt for leaving her there in the 1st place. Grief is a strange thing that takes on many faces. I hope you find some peace. We are here to let your feelings out. Don't let anyone tell you, you shouldn't feel this or that. You feel what you feel and it is alright. Bless you and you are in my thoughts through this devastating time. I am so sorry.
RIP our beautiful shining Star. We love you and will miss you always and forever.
Quote 0 0
firelace
  Ginad, This is such a beautiful and touching poem. Thank you so much for sharing it. Powerful and touching.
RIP our beautiful shining Star. We love you and will miss you always and forever.
Quote 0 0
ukgtrotter2k
I would like to say a big thank you for listening and thank you for sharing your poem, My girlfriend got me him back in 2005 so i would have some company when she was not down that turned into a friendship and he really meant a lot to me as we spent the last 8 years enjoying each others company. My girlfriends gran past away last April and he was there for me while my girlfriend was taking care of her gran and yesterday was her grans birthday so i am going to put a rose in the back garden with his name on a cross in remembrance, we had some really happy times and have some good photos of him. Thank you.
Salem 5/5/05 - 15/6/13
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
You were brave and strong staying there with him while he fell asleep. I am so sorry for your loss of Salem. When cancer comes for them, unfortunately there isn't always a lot we can do, even if we have money.
Many dogs and cats, and other creatures don't show symptoms until it is too late or their prognosis is very bad. They are renowned for being very stoical. We can't always tell they are as sick as they are.

Bless you, my heart goes out to you.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
ukgtrotter2k
thank you very much for your kind words, it is what he would of wanted me to do to be with him, he used to watch the Formula 1 with me on a weekend sharing the KFC and now i am thinking positive and remembering all the good times we had together.
Salem 5/5/05 - 15/6/13
Quote 0 0