Hman Show full post »
Lisasjf
Hman,

Tell your GF how you feel and why your pushing her away, I'm sure she'll understand and in return try to give you the space that you need so desperately right now.  Accidents do happen to even the most careful of us all. I'm so sorry for what happened and so sorry for how bad you feel. I know there are so few words any one can say to you right now. Just know it will get better. Try not to push your GF away for to long. It's obvious she really cares about you and it would be really sad if you lost her over this. Love can be so harsh sometimes. I never thought I could love an animal in the way that I loved my little girl. God plays some funny tricks on us sometimes when we thought no one could get in so deep. But on the flip side he's just reminding us what great people we are, that we could love something so much!

Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Hi Hman, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. This was a horrible, tragic accident and it honestly could have happened to anyone. It is not your fault. Please do not blame yourself. There is nothing worse than wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. I know it is extremely difficult to try to think this way now - it is a gradual process, which I hope you will be able to experience. I can not imagine the stunning loss you are feeling right now and my heart breaks for you. I am thinking of you and sending you all the best wishes I have.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Hi HMan,
You might have decided to not come back to the site.  If you do come to read, I hope you'll let us know if you are ok.   We haven't heard from you in quite a while.  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
charlikin
HMan - I am also someone who is having a very hard time with the loss of my pets. I also feel the guilt and the sorrow and the deep, deep depression. I have let these things affect my life in profound ways - that is one of my biggest regrets. I do not want this to happen to you. Please do not retreat as I did. I hope you are still reading this thread. Please let us know if you are okay or not - either way.
Quote 0 0
donnalee
charlikin,
I hope if you are still feeling deep depression, you are seeking out some help or support.   I know many of us go through some mild depression but, quite a few people go into, as you say, deep depression and that can be scary.   We are so sad when we lose our baby that it is sometimes hard to even distinguish when we cross over that line, from mild situational depression into major depression.   It concerns me that you say it has affected your life in profound ways.   Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  All I know to do is to encourage you to talk to someone and seek out some help.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  It is amazing that, even though you are going through such a rough time, you still reach out to help others.  To me, that's a good sign.    Let me know how you are doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm hoping HMan is ok too but I'm afraid he hasn't come back to the site.    
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Hman, we are thinking of you. Please let us know how you are doing.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
charlikin
Donnalee, thank you for your concern. Yes, I am seeing someone about this (and other things). I will be all right.

Best to you. And best to Hman. I hope he's (she?) okay.

Quote 0 0