Rockysmama
I miss my Rocky so so much :( Esp at nights, i used to seek comfort in long walks now they remind me how lonely i really am...my friends around me think i should be "over it" it hasnt even been a month yet though...I miss his cold wet nose...i miss his wagging tail when he sees you walking towards him...i miss seeing him jump like he had a trampoline under his feet.. He was such a strong boy, always made me feel so safe and never ever alone.. for the first time in almost 13 years i now sit outside at night alone under the moonlight and i cry. I feel crazy for feeling so sad and mixed up about this whole situation. I feel horrible for making the choice to put him down, i feel horrible that my two sons lost there lifelong friend. I just feel like crap..sad and crabby. its hard to explain to ppl around me why i am emotionally crazy lately. I just want life to go back to the way it was..although i know in my heart that is not possible, I guess somewhere along the line i must find a new normal...a much quieter normal.. *sigh*
dose it get any easier with time?? dose the hurt go away? the longing? the regrets? Am i the only one who feels like this? esp at night? (i hate feeling like im the only one awake in this city late at night) its so lonely and cold :(
arg thank you for reading this..i donno where else to turn to talk to anyone anymore...and writing journals just isnt the same....
Rocky Dog
July 20 2000 - July 27 2013
No longer by my side....
But forever in my heart
Quote 0 0
Vivian_M1
You are not alone or crazy. I know exactly how you feel. Stella was our only dog too and I do not work so she was my constant companion.  I miss everything about her.  Today is the one week anniversary of letting her go.  I am still very sad too.  Hugs to you.  I was so grief stricken that I saw a therapist that specializes in pet loss grief counseling and she affirmed that all my feelings were justified and not crazy.  You need to take all the time in the world to grieve for your lost Rocky as I do.  I know in time it will get a little easier, the ache in your heart will still be there but you will be able to soon look upon the good times and smile. But as I said that will be at your own pace. Never feel crazy or alone in what you are feeling. Everyone here knows what you are going through and they will never judge you.  I completely understand what you are saying about other people thinking you should just get over it.  Even my mom doesn't ask me how I am doing since Stella died and it was only 1 week.  I no longer get emails from friends asking how I am doing.  So I too feel like there isn't anyone I can talk about it to except my husband. He too is very sad but has his work to keep him occupied. I no longer feel like doing any of my regular activities. The only reason I get out of bed in the morning is to feed my two kitties who depend on me and would let me know they need me if I didn't get out of bed. But I too miss the companionship of my dog.  So I know what you are feeling. 
I hope this makes sense and is not too jumbled.  I just wanted to let you know you are not crazy or alone. 

Vivian M.
Quote 0 0
Rockysmama
It defiantly made sense to me and thank you for the reply... its tough..I no longer want to do the things i used to do either...Just sad all the time with a few happy spurts here and there,
i wish time didnt take so long to heal these wounds.. 
Rocky Dog
No longer by my side....
But forever in my heart
Quote 0 0
Rockysmama
And im very very sorry to hear about the loss of your Stella *hugs*the toughest good byes are to those we long to keep forever. :(
Rocky Dog
No longer by my side....
But forever in my heart
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
Feeling very much the same way. If I can keep myself occupied I am ok, but as soon as I think of her I start crying. I can barely keep my house cleaned. It has been grey and rainy out this week, which has been my excuse for not working in the garden but really its because I just don't have the energy. I go to work and then come home and lay here like a blob.

I no longer expect to see her hiding in the other room. I just feel her absence. That horrible emptiness of being alone again. I try to snuggle my other babies as much as possible for comfort, and it helps some.  But they will never be My Hailey. My Best Dog Ever.

Jeanine

Quote 0 0
loveme3
Hi I'm so sorry for all of your losses. Today makes 4 months that I had to say goodbye to the love of my life Elvis. For me he was the most amazing dog who I connected with like no other dog I've ever had. The first month was the worst I didn't think I could make it through but with the support of this site and my family I have. Each day I think about him and miss him so much. About two months ago a sweet and loving puppy came into my life and has helped me so much to move forward and again begin to love. I can say that I love my Mozal and Bella very much. Mozal my new puppy is very special because she reminds me of Elvis however my heart still mourns for Elvis but it's more bearable now with time. I truly believe that we will miss our beloved friends forever but we'll be able to love again and build new relationships with new animals. Hugs and blessing to all of you, Wishing that time can move a little faster to help you all start to heal.    Lori
lori
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
Not to mention the physical symptoms of my grief....the worst heartburn of my life. I think my body is telling me this is a hard one to swallow.
Quote 0 0
Rockysmama
The emptyness is the worst...knowing your alone...thats why i ahte nights so much more now then i ever have...
Its terrible... Im very sorry for both your losses but greatful for this site and having someone out tere to conect to so i dont feel so crazy...
Rocky Dog
No longer by my side....
But forever in my heart
Quote 0 0
LuckyBoy555
Dear Rockysmama ~

I'm sorry you are having it so difficult. "They" say time is the healer of all and I, personally, am depending on that. I lost my Lucky boy just last week on August 7th and the pain is still very raw. Even though I'm not alone physically, I feel alone in my mourning. I guess when we lose someone so close to us, we can't help but feel a huge void in our lives. Reminders and memories are all around us and hopefully, someday, those memories will help fill that void.

All I can tell you is that you are not crazy, or alone, or with those very same questions, for I, and probably most on here, are going through the same things. But, as the intent of this wonderful website, we will find our new "normal" together and eventually be the support to future members looking for someone to identify with as we are today. It also helps me a great deal knowing my Lucky boy is now healthy and happy at the Rainbow Bridge.

Shirley B
Quote 0 0