thegailes
I failed my boy Lucky. As the time got closer to the Candle Service I became more anxious and physically ill till I fell asleep finally. But I feel like I let him down. I wasn't there. Oh my god I miss him so much and so does his brother who was sitting under my wheelchair just like Lucky always did. That was his place. I had a day that I thought was going to be the turning point and it's back like it was yesterday . I'm so sorry boy😭
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Oh Robin sweetheart, Please don't feel that way. There will be another candle Service. And then another. Many have missed them. Some due to the time zone difference alone. And please keep in mind you have been through a lot! Be gentle with yourself.

Kind regards,
James

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Oh, no. You did not fail Lucky. After I said my final goodbye to Jagger I had days where I thought things were getting better and then some little thing would trigger an overwhelming amount of grief. It's okay you missed the service. I'm sure Lucky understands and wants you to be happy.

Jan
Quote 0 0
DogNana
I am so sorry for your loss. Your Lucky was such a cute boy.

No, you didn’t fail him. You are in survival mode and did what you needed to do and Lucky would want it that way. When the time is right for you then you will do it. Everyone is different. Don’t be hard on yourself. Lucky would not want that. 💔
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
I missed the first two candle light vigils. It appears there is a two hour time difference. So I am on try number 3 for mon. I have a memorial all set up with My little monkey's ashes, pictures and candles. Lucky is beautiful. He is fully aware of how much you love him. Love never dies. And neither does energy. His soul is energy. Energy never dies it just changes form. I truely believe if you believe in God you will see Lucky again. That is what I am holding my hope on. I lost my precious Khaomanee 12 days ago. There is a lot of scripture pertaining to animals - some are on this site. They have souls just like we do. In heaven you will be able to see Lucky restored and very likely will be able to communticate fully with him in that state. I am so sorry for your loss right now. I am feeling so terribly sad and grieved myself. You are not alone. Jeri
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I’m so sorry you lost Lucky. I agree with what everyone has said. You didn’t fail your boy. Guilt is part of grieving. When you are grieving you look at anything you should have done. You gave Lucky so much love and now he is happy and at peace and while the candle ceremony helps us, our precious little ones are not so concerned with these things. Lucky is concerned with you and his brother and hoping you will both be okay. I also believe they are in heaven or on the rainbow bridge and we’ll definitely see them one day. Your other dog will want to comfort you now. That’s why he is sitting exactly where Lucky used to sit. Let him be here for you. He’ll feel happy that he can comfort you. Please keep posting here. Hugs to you!
CK
My deepest sympathy to the other people who have posted here also. I know how hard it is! Wishing peace for your hearts!
Quote 1 0
thegailes
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I haven't been by for a bit because it hurt too bad. But, I needed your posts today. I'm struggling. And I have another senior dog that is getting so far in age that I know I'm going to go through this again. I birthed this one. But I'm missing Lucky so❣️. I got home from the store and was looking in the yard for him to be at the fence. He could hear us long before we got there and he would be waiting. But your words were a real comfort today and I sincerely thank you‼️‼️‼️
Quote 0 0
judylinn
You didn't let Lucky down....He knows that you love him. I missed the candlelight service..the first one that I wanted to be there for Maddie..but it just didn't work out..You can have your own candlelight service as well...which is what I did. I also kept a candle lit every evening for quite a while as a token of love for my beloved Maddie. Doing some very practical things helped me a lot. I planted a tree for her and some flowers and had my own little candlelight service. Each night that I saw the candle lit..I called it the flame of love...really felt very comforting.. Sending you love and prayers...Judylinn
Quote 0 0