Rachel2407
Hi there. I lost my yorkie wistle on Tuesday morning. She was 13 and died naturally. She had been ill for a while but her quality of life was good. Last night at 1 am my poodle cracker who is 11 had a massive seizure. I ran to the vets but they discovered massive tumour had haemorrhaged in his spleen and there was nothing that could be done. I decided to put him to sleep. I am numb. It doesn’t feel real. I don’t think I can cope rachel x
Quote 0 0
ErinToby
Hi Rachel.
That is so awful. I'm so sorry and so heartbroken for you! I'm new to this grieving process too (3 days in). I feel for you. Wish I could help make it better xoxox I will add you to my daily healing meditation.
Quote 0 0
Rachel2407
Thanks so much. I will send prayers for your healing too. I’m in so much pain x
Quote 0 0
ErinToby
Thank you. I know. It's like the wind keeps getting knocked out of me. I work from home and everything is a reminder. all our funny routines..just gone. I ache like I've never ached. Waking up is awful too, that horrible realization she is gone. I'm just going to keep sharing my feelings and writing about her. I want to get through this and be able to just think of all those wonderful times. Right now though, seems kinda impossible...
Quote 0 0
Rachel2407
The pain feels unbearable at times. I’ve lost four other dogs over the last 5 years. The pain does lessen and turn to fond memories instead. It does. But this bit is the worst x x
Quote 0 0
ClarasHusband
Oh man I am so sorry.  Man everyone is getting beat up lately with all of this.
Quote 0 0
opus
Rachel,

So sorry you lost both of your fur babies, Wistle and Cracker, at the same time.

I have sent well wishes for you and for them.

Everyone here is going through or has gone through their own loss of their beloved furbabies: friends, family, companions.

And we are all sharing our grief and stories together.

I am so glad for this forum. It is helping to lift me out of the terrible waves of guilt, pain and grief that I feel.

Huggs for you.

Jace, I love you greatly and I always will.
Be free from pain and disability and take joy in your new life across the rainbow bridge. May we be united again someday.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Quote 0 0
Mamag18
I'm reading these post through tears. How similar the pain is. I had to make the decision to put my two-year-old dachshund/Springer mix to sleep on Tues. He was having uncontrollable seizures despite being maxed out on 3 different medications. He was having other behavioral changes and it was time but I can't get over the guilt. My chest hurts from sadness and I keep thinking maybe there was somebody out there who could have helped him more than me. I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0
ErinToby
Mamag18  my girl had seizures off and on for the 9 years we were with her. It's so awful to see them go through that. She was always "off" for the entire day after one of them, and always stuck right by my side like she was nervous it would happen again.  She would always try and run to a dark room, but never made it, always fell into seizure before she felt safe. I feel for you, and I understand that horrible feeling of guilt, but having witnessed seizures over the years, I think you did the bravest thing you could do for the well being of your sweet boy. I too keep asking myself if I did the right thing, but then I look at her quality of life. Everything she ever loved to do she stopped doing. I was begging her to stay for me, but she was so tired. I just wish I could get a quick peek of her at the Rainbow bridge to make sure she is happy and making friends. Anyway, I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
Quote 0 0
Sil
Rachel2407,

I am truly sorry for your loss of your two fur babies, Wistle and Cracker. Losing two in such a short time.... it is too painful.  Your two fur babies are together now, keeping one another company.  But, I know you are hurting, because, right now the pain is just "raw", immense and numbing.  You are in my prayers    
Quote 0 0
slammingrose2018
So very sorry for your loss ! We had to have our beloved fur baby put to sleep yesterday due to her starving herself . She is a Shih Ztu and was 14 years of age and according to our vet very healthy , just old . We know your struggles all too well , since she was not and will not be our last fur baby to lose . It is heart wrenching , all consuming ! And for you to lose two so close together , I will not pretend to feel your sorrow . Just know this , you are not alone , what you feel is normal , grieve all you want and whenever you want ! In your grief please try to let in some positive memories which we already know are a struggle , a real struggle . If you need to talk , look me up on here , I do not work , take care sweetheart ! 
Roseann Frashuer
Quote 0 0
wmmarine
Hi Rachel,
I am so sorry for your lost as. I have been where you are with multiple losses including having to go on Christmas Day to allow my Tiki to pass peacefully. The one thing I have tried to remember over the many I have loved and cared for, is that they were loved. They received hugs and pets, good food and snackies and a comfortable place to sleep. So many dogs and cats never have that opportunity to get those things. And though we can't help them all, we can give those we love an awesome life. I pray the good memories with them and the love you gave them will give you peace.
Ronda
Ronda Hobbs
Quote 0 0
Rachel2407
Thanks everyone for all your messages of support. It really helps. I’m still numb. It’s like a dream. I know it will get easier. X I’m sending love to everyone else here who is hurting. X x
Quote 0 0
opus

I am crying right now.

But am trying to take what Ronda wrote above to heart.
My Jace got lots of love and “tweets” and toys and rubs.
I gave him a home when he needed one and I did my best to give him good care when he was sick and in pain.

I have many good memories, the best being when I could drape him over me and feel his purring.

Purrs are such a gift.
Jace, I love you greatly and I always will.
Be free from pain and disability and take joy in your new life across the rainbow bridge. May we be united again someday.

In the meantime I hope I can find peace and the support I need to get through this pain.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry about losing your 2 babies Wistle and Cracker and in such a close period of time. That is awful, you are already greiving your Wistle then 3 days later your Cracker is sent to heaven, that is so much to take in.

I know the first few months are by far the hardest, yes being numb is one, and falling asleep at night seems non existent. Meltdowns out of nowhere. It just proves how much we love our fur children and how they are embedded in our hearts and souls.

Please know you are not alone and keep posting, it does take away that alone feeling.

Cam

Quote 0 0