CharlotteTaylor
My 15 year old mongrel (Collie, Labrador, Alsation cross) is being put down today. I am at work trying so hard not to cry.

He is just old and he can't always walk and get up anymore and he sometimes falls over and...sorry I am getting upset.

He is not at the end but he soon will be and I know that this is for the best. It will prevent him from future pain and embarassment. But I am devastated. I don't know what to do.

I can't be there, as I am at work and my Mum is having to take him alone. I am just 21 and he has been in my life since I was just 6 years old. My poor brother is away at University and he can't even say goodbye.

How can I just sit here and let him go. Do you think he knows that I love him? I feel almost embarassed for my pain but I know you all must understand. He has been the most loyal, loving animal. I feel like I am letting him down.

We have 2 other family dogs, Jack Russells aged 7 and 8 months. How will they cope and what can I do to make it easier.

I am so heartbroken. i can't help my old man. I can't save him.

I bought him treats and the squeakiest toy I could find yesterday in case it was his last night and he missed Christmas. He was so happy. The only solace I can find is that I made him happy last night and that I got to say goodbye.

Please help. I am so heartbroken and I don't know what to do.
"Goodbye love, goodbye love. Just came to say, goodbye love. Goodbye."

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
CharlotteTaylor
Just started crying at work and I feel so stupid.

I am just devastated. What can I do? How do I make the pain stop?

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
sopsad

Charlotte,

The following is what our vet read to Gail and I before we let our 10 year old Old English Sheepdog go to the Rainbow Bridge two weeks ago,,,,,

Sophie,

As we lay our hands upon you,

Before your final rest,

Our hearts surround to love you,

And thank you for your best.

Our home you watched and treasured,

Our lives you truly blessed.

Lessening now your burdens,

We tend your tired bones.

Let us be your pillow,

Then wings to take you home.

Listen for God’s calling,

Sweet promises of peace.

Old friend, leap to Heaven,

Suffering released!

Your pain and tears are real and will ease in the near future and be replaced by warm memories. You are in the right place because we all are going thru what you are today. "It is well with my soul" as the gospel song says and it will be well with you and your family too.

Mike

Quote 0 0
CharlotteTaylor
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to have support from someone who knows what it is like.

I just wish I could be there so badly but I can't, this upsets me more than I could possibly say. It was so sudden and my job in publishing means a lot of work relies on me. I feel like I have deserted him and while my family will be there for him, I just don't want him to look for me when he goes and wonder why I am not there.

I have never lost a loved one before, I have had pets in the past but I was too young to appreciate the loss. I feel naive and afraid and I don't know how to accept it. I know it is a learning curve and I need to try. I just hope I made him happy.

I am so full of regret I just don't know what to do.

All I can do is watch the clock and say goodbye in my heart.

Thank you xxxx

Toby's sister.
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Charlotte,

Tears began to flow as I read your story. But we all understand and share your pain. My beloved Jasmine is gone 3 months today and I've never experienced such a loss, such grief, such a void. I never thought it would be like this.
Our beloved furbabies leave paw prints on our heart.
Keep in touch with us Charlotte. We are here for you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today as you share your grief.
Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine  
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0