MavsMommy
I don't know what to do right now. My Maverick is a 14 1/2 year old yorkie. I had to rush him to the ER this weekend because he was twitching and had diarrhea. He'd been diagnosed with congestive heart failure about a year ago, so it wasn't as easy as giving him fluids and sending him home. They had to keep him.

Two days later, they've released him to me. It was pancreatitis, I guess, but he's still not eating and he still seems rather groggy. I was an utter wreck this weekend and even more that he's back in not doing much better. I've come to the conclusion that this is the beginning of the end - if it's not the end already.

He is my whole life. My family is far away and I don't have a lot of friends. Either way, I hate to be a burden as I come to grips with this, but it's really eating me up.

Am I really going to know when it's time? Am I doomed to spend every day at work afraid that I'll come home to find he's passed away alone? Maybe because it's my biggest fear, but I hate the thought of him dying without me there holding him and comforting him.

I'm sorry this is a book, but I'm breaking... or broken and I don't know where to go out what to do.
Quote 0 0
Miss_my_pug
I'm so sorry your going through this difficult time. My sweet Ling had heart problems at the end and it was so hard to see him struggle. I would take some time off work to be with your Maverick- a week or maybe even a few days? Spend every minute with him if you can. Take as many pictures together and videos of you and him together loving each other. If he's up for it, sit together in the sun or somewhere special you used to go with him. Feed him his favorite foods if he can enjoy it. Talk to him and tell him how thankful you are he was in your life and how special he is and how much you love him. Just try to cherish every single moment. I didn't know how quick my Ling was going to decline and how I wish I had taken some time off work just to be with him. My advice is take that time off if you can and just be with Maverick right now. Take care.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
"Miss my pug's" advice is wonderful. You are dealing with a lot and I am so sorry. I know it is a hard time for you but it presents an opportunity as well. I would do all of the things Miss my pug suggested and you will never be sorry. Good luck! Sending hugs,
CK
Quote 0 0