patriciak8
I lost my dog this morning.12/6/2015.I called her Loni.she was suffering from parvo virus.despite all the medication she sadly died..im devastated..she was only 4months..She was an angel,full of energy and life.She loved with all her heart and her loyalty was like no other.She was a german shepherd .I cant stop crying.I dont know how i will move on from this..I really really miss her.I feel like nothing can feel up this emptiness she left.most people dont understand how I could be so attached to her but I am.I know she's in dog heaven now playing with other dogs.I hope she knows that I loved her very much and I always will.and I hope she misses me as much as I miss her..
Its still so unreal to me..I dont understand why this things happen..
Mama loni
Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
She's beautiful!!!  And 4 months is so unfair.  You are in the midst of the raw grief and loss - I lost my dog a month ago (unexpectledy - due to illness) and for the first 2-3 weeks I felt in a fog.  Please read Ebby's story if you want - she was a very special dog.  

I too do not understand why these things happen.  I know Loni is running and playing with all the others in heaven (and I believe that heaven is heaven - both people and their dogs will be there).  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you to the moon and back....
Quote 0 0
patriciak8
Thanks alot ebby's mom..the loss of our kids especially all of a sudden is really heavy..since she passed i hate my home..I find a million excuses not to go home from work..everytime im home I feel that emptiness even more..it reallyhurts..I hope things will get easier for all of us..
Im sorry for your loss.
Mama Loni
Mama loni
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Patricia,
Your Loni is so beautiful.  I know how broken hearted you feel after saying goodbye to her.  The emptiness feels unbearable. I also can relate to those feelings of not wanting to go home because your house does not feel like your home without Loni there.  We all describe similar feelings and thoughts after our dear, sweet babies leave us.
You said that you hope things get easier for us...they do.  The pain never goes away, but we find ways to help us cope.  I said goodbye to my gorgeous beagle, Bella, 14 months ago and my heart is still broken (it always will be), but the rawness of grief is lessening.  I have some bad days where I still feel like I want to cry all day, but I also have some "good" days where I think of her and smile and laugh.  My advice is to try to focus on the feeling of gratitude that you have because you are her mommy.  I know that sometimes that is hard to do, but that is what has helped me to work my way through the overwhelming grief...it may help you too.  There are not enough "thank yous" in the world to thank Bella for all that she shared with me, and although you had Loni for such a short time and you wish it was so much longer, I bet she filled your life with pure joy while she was with you.  I think that we will grieve for Loni and Bella forever, but the pain will gradually ease as we learn how to live our lives without them beside us.  Loni is now playing happily with all of her new friends, waiting until it is your time to join her.
I wish you peace and healing.  I hope that soon, you can remember your beautiful girl with more smiles than tears. 
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
patriciak8
Dear bellamum
Thanks alot for the comforting words..and you are right..we had a few months together but she gave me more than I've gotten in years.I had her when she was a week old and i had to bottle feed her milk and water sometimes.she was such an angel from day one.She depended on me but I feel like I depended on her more..She gave me so so much and now that she's gone I feel like I lost my purpose and my happiness all together...Its amazing that God gives us very unexpected things and this things end up being our greatest blessings..Loni was my greatest blessing
for now I dont feel like I'll ever move on..I just cry and cry and cry..but I try telling myself that she's in a better place where she's has no illnes..I loved her very much.Your words atleast let me know that it will get easier to live without our babies even though the pain will still be there.Thank you very much bella's mum..I also hope that everyday with the rest of your babies continue to give you more comfort
Mama loni
Quote 0 0
jonancy
I am so sorry for your loss, Loni was so young to go. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for your post on my thread.
Please know that this forum is the right place for comfort, we all understand what you are going through.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
Thank you for reading Ebby's story - and for your post.  I still cry at least once a day - and still can't believe she's gone.  BUT .. the pain is less sharp now that it was in the first few weeks.   Keep visiting this site as long and as often as you need to.  I can't believe you even bottle fed Loni - no wonder you had such a bond!  Maybe part of her purpose was to show you how much you can care for a 4-legged friend!!  I think the deeper the love - the deeper the grief.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I was truly saddened to hear about the loss of Loni. What a beautiful pup she is and how devastating that parvo tragically took her at such a tender age. My heart goes out to you. I cried when I read your story, and sobbed harder when I looked at her photos. Such a beautiful, expressive face. What a darling!

Losing our beloved companions is a devastating time. I can fully empathise with your loss as my handsome German shepherd, Solly was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in May last year. Not long after, on July 17th, I lost my feline soul mate and apple of my eye, my long-haired tabby, Gonzo. He'd succumbed to cancer, which had crept up out of nowhere and took him away from me. The devastation I felt at having to make the decision to say farewell was immense. That feeling has not left me. Whilst grieving his loss, I was caring for my Solly as I'd been told he was on borrowed time. Less than 10 weeks later, on September 22nd, I had to make another crucifying decision to let my boy go to the Rainbow Bridge with dignity. I was paralysed with grief at losing them both in such a short time.

On April 14th, I lost another four-legged friend. My sweet, gentle tabby, Bonnie. She died in front of my eyes after going through a few weeks of ups, downs, barely eating, lethargy, and weakness. I took her in a couple of years ago, a senior cat at 15 years old. In less than nine months, I have suffered the loss of three adorable, wondrous companions. The word 'heartbreaking' doesn't cut it. 

All I can offer you are my sincerest wishes that light and comfort may enter your world sooner rather than later. I don't fully understand what you are going through, as we are all individual and grieve in different ways. However, I can empathise and understand to a certain degree. It is testament to Loni how you feel right now. She will always be with you. Her energy and vitality will never leave.

May I wish you the best. Take care.

Wendy 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
Patricia,  Just checking in to say I hope you are doing well.  My grief is not so acute now - just a sadness when I think of having to lose her.  But I can smile at her memory and talk to her as if she was here.  Hope you are doing well.
Quote 0 0
patriciak8
Ebbsmom,Thanks for checking up on me..Im getting a bit better by the day just that the sad feeling is there some days...Im trying to dig into work and keep my mind busy..Some days I'm great,some days It all comes back to me and I cant take it..but,I'm finding comfort in believing that even if it hurts and was the worst thing ever to happen,I just trust that God had a purpose for it as His ways are not our ways..So Im trying to understand tha.I miss her very much..
Their memories are all we have now and we cherish them so much...grateful for the joys our babies gave us and trying to move on each day like they would want us too cause they loved us too much and seeing us sad would break their hearts...
I hope it gets easier for all of us..
Again thanks alot..this Forums really help me get through my grief..
Mama loni.
Mama loni
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Patricia, Thanks for posting on Coco's thread. I understand how seeing her puppy pics would make you think of Loni. I am very sorry that you lost her at such a young age. She was beautiful with the biggest ears! How very adorable.
  I agree with you the Gods ways are not our ways and we benefit from knowing that he always has a higher purpose. Still it is extremely painful to cope with their loss, the nature of grief can be sad, trying to accept the permanence of their physical loss.
   I had Coco for 10 wonderful years. She was diagnosed with bone cancer and 3 weeks later, I had to let her go. It was sudden and shocking for me. I never knew that loosing her would have such an impact on me, and my life. There are sometimes no reasons or answers to things when we want them. Yet I do believe that God has a plan. Sometimes its hard to come to terms with what we cannot see, or understand at the time. I suppose that's where the faith comes in!
   Your precious Loni, knew how much you loved her. She was a spirit, a soul, a life. She will not be forgotten Patricia, and she will not forget you, the one that loved her so very much!....................My thoughts are with you and Loni..............Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Mom.
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Patricia, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Loni, she was far too young, I am so sorry. The photos of her are absolutely gorgeous, what a beautiful girl and such soulful eyes, I can see how you loved her so.
I truly hope you are able to find some peace in your heart, I know how broken and painful your feelings are as you try to put the pieces of your broken heart back together, you may find all the pieces, but they never quite fit the same way they did when your treasured loved one was still here.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on Bella's thread, I am so glad you enjoy her stories, I truly enjoy sharing her with everyone on here.

Sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
CB
Loni was so beautiful and your loss is so great. I don't know why these things happen, that is a sentiment shared by so many people here. You must feel cheated in so many ways and I'm so sorry that Loni was taken. Your poor baby went on the same day my little Fiddle left us. Like ebbsmom I believe dogs (all animals) have souls and go to a much better place.
Love you forever and ever and I will be there for you xx
Quote 0 0