kbowyer1020
We had to make the decision to put our 13 year old sweet, sweet Bo man down this morning. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failire only a month ago and yesterday began to have the worst labored and rapid breathing, weakness, and vomiting fluid. The absolute hardest decision I’ve ever had to make. I’m trying not to second guess it. The emptiness and pain I feel is overwhelming. Thankfully, my friends and family, knowing this day would soon come, talked me into getting a puppy a year ago, to help lessen the pain. Baby Naia is helping with my grief, but she is grieving with us too. I just don’t know how I’m gonna get through this. It just happened, so I know it will take time. He was my baby. He saw me through a divorce and so much joy. I pray he is in heaven with my papa playing and pain free. Thanks for listening. It helps somehow knowing others understand my grief.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Kim I'm so sorry. I know the pain you are feeling and I also know nothing I can tell you right now will make you feel better. The emptiness and pain is overwhelming the first couple of days. Time will eventually dull the pain, but it never goes away. We learn to live with it. Coming to this forum is the only thing that has helped me after losing my 2 babies. Everyone here understands the pain and always offer words of comfort. 
Quote 0 0
BabyJadesMom
I feel so bad for you. My Zosia wasn't exhibiting any signs until it was too late. At first I believed the breathing was from the heat but it got worse and rushed her to Emergency Vet at 4am and was told she had CHF. She was put in an oxygen tank and looked like her old self when I left. Doctor that seen her left a message saying she was doing better. The call was from the doctor on the next shift. They took her out to do some bloodwork and 5 mins later, she went into cardiac arrest. My heart hurts. The pain is excruciating and I cry every night, telling her how sorry I was that I waited. I hate myself. The one time my baby needed me, and I failed miserably. I should've taken her right away. I've been reading stories on this website and it seems to help. There's also a support group that I went to and the next one is Thursday, and that really helps. If you can find a group, I would suggest it. Again, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss
Quote 0 0