EmotionalBarbie
We had our Shih Tzu Pebbles for 11 years.  We had moved from NY to Nevada in May 2004 at the beginning of May and at the end of May we got Pebbles from a Shelter.  First we were on a waiting list so Hank went every day for a week ( I couldn't go as I was afraid we wouldn't get her and I didn't want to get attached.)  She hustle to the front of the cage with this big eyes of approval and tag wagging every time he visit.  Well we got her!  And amazing as when she came in to the apartment she made herself at home like she had been there forever!  And she wasn't even a year old but she showed she wanted to do her business outside and outside!  I just couldn't get over how omg we were lucky she was trained!   She never did any damage and she only barked when someone came to the door.   Her way of communicating was whines she would let us know when she wanted out, eat, sleep etc.
I had numerous pets in the past and never seen anything like this gem!!!!
One thing she couldn't take was overhead noise (like kids upstairs running around making the floor boards roar with their noise I guess to her it was like thunder) so she would get nervous and sick over that.
To make this shorter I will fast forward to moving here in our town house.  We had to carry up and down the stairs as she had brittle bones.
She had also a problem with her teeth and had some removed due to abscess .  She had just had her shots and check up in July and all was fine but the past week she was sitting by me by the couch and I smelled this odor and was going to tell my husband to get the dental stuff out. Then she went to eat and she eats snacks before her meal and he seen blood and we thought she slammed her tooth on the snack.  Then that night I found the lump under her jaw which I thought was an abscess.  Brought her to the Vets and he said that's no abscess!  So he gave us the 50/50 chance of with or without the operation.  And we opt for the operation.  Monday I noticed she seemed like she just wanted to lay on the floor (which she never did usually was by me on the couch or by the couch but now seem like she was trying to be by herself.  And we noticed she was bleeding a lot more.  So Hank took her in Tues her operation was Wed.  I haven't slept in like 3 nights I just felt something isn't right.  And here she had been eating alright the only odd thing was that Monday trying to stay by herself.  Hank had said when he gave her to the nurse she looked at Hank like her eyes popped out of her head and to say sorry I won't be coming back.
And sure enough Wed the Doctor called said he did the operation (the lump was the size of an orange) he removed the mass and she was still sleeping but he said the news wasn't good.  It spread to her back teeth (dogs have back teeth? my head was rolling) and her tonsils her heart and her lymph nodes and he said Cancer ravished her and she was bleeding a lot and if we wanted to put her down it was best to before she woke.   So that's the decision we made we didn't want her to go through a ton of operations and treatments that was going to make her suffer any.
My guilt is omg did I miss this?  How did this happen all like this?  She had only been to the Vets for her shots in July less then 3 wks ago so they didn't seem to notice either. 
I just miss her so much and feel I let her down by not catching this early.  
I know we will adopt again but I'm not ready as it's way to early and I don't want to replace her as I know I could NEVER replace her.  I just need more time that's for sure and my husband is hurting too so now we have to just keep remembering the good times and she did make this home such a joy!  Am I allowed to post a pic?

Quote 0 0
Minis_mom
Yes, you can post a picture. I am so sorry about your loss. She sounds like an absolute sweet heart. Please ease your guilt in knowing that you didn't miss anything. Sometimes they don't show symptoms until it is too late. That happened to our dog Jack; he started showing weird symptoms and even though we tried almost everything to get him better it didn't work. We lost him after a few months.

I agree you can never replace her, but when you are ready you will find another special baby to share your love with.
Quote 0 0
EmotionalBarbie
thank you so much for your kind words hugs 10487443_10204831324411231_9107945575519482566_n.jpg 
She always reminded of the gopher in ground hog's day when she stood like this and she would actually move like that gopher so this pic makes me laugh as she did
Quote 0 0
EmotionalBarbie
oops really wanted to post this pic 100_0398.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Minis_mom
She is adorable! What an angel.
Quote 0 0
EmotionalBarbie
Yep she was our angel now she is an angel although I always felt animals were in some form of angels sent from above to make our life a lot better.
Quote 0 0