Tobyd
My dog Toby has lyphoma and congestive heart failure. He has been getting chemo and gets his last treatment on 12/13. He is in remission and the vets are really happy with how he is doing with the chemo. On the bad note his heart disease is getting worse. I know he does not have a lot of time left, he would have been gone weeks ago if he didn't get chemo. I had to sale about everything I had to get him treated. I live in $766.57 a month on SS. And I have cancer myself. But I could not go without getting him treated. He never gave up on me when things were really bad in my life he was always by my side making me feel better. He use to go to work with me everyday I worked at a pet store. Was a dog trainer and a cashier. Everybody could not believe how trained he was and how he was so good with everyone. All 10 pounds of him. That's when he started being a pet therapy dog he was great.
People would come into the pet store just to see him. They had his 5th birthday party for him, 46 people came and 28 dogs. They had birthday cake for the dogs and birthday cake for the humans. Had games for the dogs and everyone sang happy birthday to him. I cried. He came home with so many toys and 5 new beds and give cards. His brothers and sister were very happy when he got home. He has been my life for a little over 12 years he will be 13 in Feb 5 2016.
I love my other dogs very much but Toby is so special people say we are just contacted that we are one. If that makes since.
I know his time is coming and the thought of it is killing me. I don't go anywhere anymore unless he can go with me. I don't even go to my doctors appointments because I am afraid to leave him.
Right now he is doing pretty good eating drinking still playing. But does start coughing. And sleeps more.
Sorry this is so long but I just want you to know about my little boy. Also he is my first small dog. I have always had big dogs. Had a Siberian husky who lived to be 21. Had a rotty who died at 14 all 115 pounds. But anyways. I keep trying to deal with this but I just don't want to go on without him.
I have already a range for my other three dogs a new home, they will stay together. I know they will have a great home.
I don't know what to do. Its killing me
Quote 0 0
fitchick1961
I so feel for you and understand your pain, my chihuahua-papillion mix puppy prince, was11.5, and just died on 12/2.I always called him my puppy, even though he wasn't a puppy anymore. Mine had lymphoma that didn't respond to chemotherapy. He didn't have heart disease, but had severe diarrhea along with the lymphoma that the vets didn't know how to treat. He was always overweight about 15 lbs. In last year went down to 9, and finally maybe 6 lbs. I had just decided on night before maybe time to consider putting him to sleep, but he died next morning before I got home from MD appt with my husband. I am just miserable that I wasn't there when he died, so I don't blame you for being with yours every day you can, I wished I had been with mine more than I was. I work full time. Only thing that helps is the night before, I gave him a bath, he was skin and bones, and I wrapped him tight in a towel and held him for about an hour, with his head on my chest. I miss him terribly. Spend as much time as you can with your dog. I knew it was going to be hard without him, it's terrible. Jane
Quote 0 0
bartlett
To TobyD:
I'm so sorry to hear that your baby is suffering with two different diseases. I know from experience how bad the coughing can be with the congestive heart failure. I had a dachshund with that problem and eventually, when he started coughing and didn't stop, we had to put him to sleep.

It sounds like Toby has had an amazing life with you. I had to put my Chester (dachshund) to sleep on Dec. 3 and he too had a great life. It's good to be able to look back and have no regrets, but the wonderful life you've had with them makes it even that much more unbearable when they're gone. i hope your Toby still has some good times in the coming days and that you will be able to spend as much time as possible enjoying him.

Days are still sad but the all consuming pain is less and everywhere I look is a reminder of my Chester man. I could remove the reminders, but I won't because I know one day I'll be able to see them without so much sadness and will be able to just remember the good times which were MANY.

Know I care,
Joan (Chesters mom)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Toby's mom!
Your Toby is adorable.  He looks just like my Dali, who was my beautiful Lhasa Apso. 
I know exactly how you feel and am so happy you get to enjoy these days with Toby while he is here.  My girl left suddenly at  12 1/2 and I wasn't home and thought she only had a respiratory infection (per the vet the day before).  That was 14 months ago and I am still grieving as much as the first day.

Those little furbabies bring us such happiness and unconditional love.  We are so lucky they choose us to be their humans.  Love every moment and when Toby is called home, just know that he will be there waiting on you.  Since my girl left I have learned so very much about life and death and who I really am.

My heart goes out to you...appreciate every day.  I would give all the time I have left (and I am 59) and all the money in the world I could muster for just one more day.  You are truly blessed.

Dali's mom

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear Tobyd,
You both still have time left in this world. Precious time, full of love. Sometimes there is a certain grace comes over just before it is time to pass, which though bittersweet, is very beautiful. That's when the Soul makes its marks which can never be forgotten. Like the last songs. I experienced that strange and lovely thing with my own sweet girl Misty.
But then it is time to cross over into the most beautiful life in Spirit.

I understood from your last sentence, that you do not expect to survive your other two dogs? Is that what you meant? As you said you have made arrangements for them....?
That touched my heart so deeply.

If Toby has to leave he will wait for you. I can imagine both of you wish to be where the other is. Please believe me, he will wait for you and you will both be there to welcome all your loved ones, including your other two, when their time comes. You will be together again.

Until then you have those last days/months....however long. They are so special and lovely, even though his little body is troubled, his Soul is beyond those things. Stay beside him and treasure every moment on this Earth.
I send you all my love and kindest thoughts. And may you and Toby be blessed.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Dear TobyD
what a gorgeous little man your Toby!
My heart goes out to you and  I can't help but shed tears for what you are going through. as others have said,  cherish every moment with your precious boy. He feels your love now and always will. Its obvious you have given him and your other babies an amazing life, and the very best of care..I have never heard of a siberian husky having 21 years, my sister has had 4 or 5 huskies in her life and with all her love and care they didnt survive past 14 or 15

Please know you , Toby and your other 3 babies will be in my thoughts and prayers
Sending a big hug for all 5 of you ,
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
Tobyd
I want to thank everyone for all your kind words. Even though I am crying now. Toby and I went to a Christmas party tonight, he had a nice time. Everyone was loving on him and he got some really good treats. Again thank you everyone. Toby says thank you too
Quote 0 0