andreag1959
Hi,
We lost our beloved dog Rex last week. He was a 12 yr old chocolate lab. He had Bilateral hip dysplasia
and was in a lot of pain. It was very clear to us that his only mission in life was to please us. I am working
and I have to leave to go home knowing that he is not going to be there. I will miss his kisses and his gentleness. I am crying as I write this. I still feel his presence , dream about him, and saw him. He was there for a moment in the corner of my eye and then he was gone. I had thought that I was crazy. But, now I realize that he was just taking care of me, as he always has, and was saying goodbye. When will I stop crying? 
Andrea 
andrea
Quote 0 0
Vivian_M1
Andrea I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. We lost our beloved Stella a Leonberger dog to cancer exactly 4 weeks ago today. I hate the idea of coming home to her not being here or waking up and knowing she is no longer waiting for me to wake up to feed her.  I cried a lot for the first few weeks. Now I only cry occasionally.  It will get better it just takes time.  Hugs to you. 

Vivian
Vivian M.
Quote 0 0
AllysMom
Andrea,

I am so sorry you lost Rex.  I lost my sweet Ally 4 weeks ago on August 7th.  I'm finding out that this is a slow process.  I cried constantly the first couple of weeks and sometimes would just sob.  The pain and loneliness was horrible.  It has started to get a little easier though.  I still cry almost daily when I think of Ally or see a place where she used to lay.  She would always follow me wherever I went and I still find myself looking to see if she's laying next to my chair.  I'm starting to cry now just thinking about her.  There were a few times the first couple of weeks where I honestly thought I heard her walking up behind me.  I would turn actually thinking for a split second that she might be there, but she wasn't.  I've wondered if she was there in some form and letting me know that she was still with me.  Maybe that's what was happening when you thought you saw Rex out of the corner of your eye.

I think crying is part of working through the grief.  I can tell you that things are better for me today than they were the first week, so it will get better for you too.  Just take as much time as you need and don't be afraid to cry when you need to.  Talking to people in this forum has also been a huge help for me.

My thoughts are with you.

Ally's Mom (Karen)
Quote 0 0
Bear_Bear
So sorry to hear of your loss, Andrea!  Like everyone else here, I lost a baby, too.  My darling kitty, Robin Adrian, was put to sleep on August 21, 2013 and I have been utterly bereft.  I don't have any words of advice. I just know you must love your doggie an awful lot and that he was lucky as to have you as his mom as you were to have him as your baby.
Robin Adrian "Little Bear"s Mom
Please sign my baby's guestbook?
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/ROBIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
onnie
Andrea

i to cried a lot, and dreamed about my dear sassy. i even thought i heard her beside my bed like she usually did meow when her food dish was showing to much blue in the bottom. :) ment she wanted more food in it. that night she died. i was sitting in the room at my computer. and a presence i felt so strong come through the door. it seem to fill the opening. i then called out. sassy, and then this feeling surrounded me with such feeling of love. i cant even discribe it. the peace and joy that was in this feeling. sassy was always there for me and when i was sad she was always there for me to comfort me. she knew how my heart was aching for her. and she had to come and show me she was ok, and she still missed and loved me. and was watching out for me. then she was gone. i have felt her in the front room another night. she is still with me. not in the body but in the spirit. i believe our beloved pets, stay close to us even after they have passed over. for we are what they knew in life. and i feel they are comforted also on the other side knowing they can come now and then and still be with us. sunday it will be a month i lost sassy. i cant believe its that long already. but, when i look at her picture i still cry. i am crying now just thinking of her. she was only 10 yrs old. young. i still ask why? wonder why? maybe i never will know. i do know i miss her every day as you i know miss your beloved dog. but, i do believe you did see your dog out of the corner of your eye. how wonderful that is. cherish that. when i am really sad and down. i close my eyes and remember that night i sat in this chair and felt her come through the door. know that you will see your beloved dog again. hugs to you.
onnie
Quote 0 0
andreag1959
Hi,
Thank you everyone for your support. We loved Rex so much. It is a little easier every day
But I will miss him forever. He knew when I was upset and did a lot of silly things just to make me laugh.
His favorite game was "Hide and Seek". He would hide his head under the couch and wag his tail when I called his
Name. ( I don't think he realized that I could see him?) Then, he was so excited when we said'There you are!"
Andrea
andrea
Quote 0 0
CBRMix
Andrea, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost Chewy on Aug 19. Ever since his loss, my heart is heavy with sadness. I still don't feel like doing anything, but I can function daily.  I can't tell you when you will stop crying, but I know that you will manage little by little to live without your beautiful Rex. Cry as much as you want, grief as long as you feel fit. Nobody here is going to judge you or to think you are crazy. We are all here to help you cope.  Take care.

Christine.rg
Quote 0 0